Monday, March 29, 2021

Travel Journal with Darkroom Door

 Hello Blog Land, remember today is the last day to join in & comment on our 4th Birthday Blog Hop, there are prizes to be won!! 

I am working on a new travel journal using a lot of Darkroom Door Stamps & stencils. This week the Topflight Stamps Design Team is all about this awesome stamp company. Darkroom Door is an Australian company & I am very blessed to call the owner/designer Rachel Greig, friend. I hope you check the TF blog this week to see what the rest of the team is up to.*Affiliate- some of these companies have given me product to use, play & experiment with. The ideas are my own but I tend to work with companies whose products I like so enjoy the inspiration.  **some of these links are affiliate, I receive a small percentage from the company at no cost to you. This helps me deliver free content!

 I am hoping that sometime in the near future we will be able to travel again. I thought prepping a travel book & making some ephemera, would be a way to pretend. Yet another week where I just got lost in playing with the products & adding to the pages in my book. 

Rachel does a lot of travel journal work also & has a number of travel journal videos on her YouTube channel. This one is a flip through of some of her books. It is a great way to get inspired.

 I started with a traveler's notebook, some different types of paper & a gaggle of stamps. 


We had the 1st warm day of spring so it was time for a little wine on the deck with some stamping. One of my new favorite things to do is to stamp with multiple colors. Using Prism Inks to ink individual stamps with 2 or 3 colors is just plain fun & creates a colorful palette of colors. 

Simply chose colors that play nicely together. For some only 2 colors were used but overlapped to create a 3rd. For example French Navy & Peacock Green make a very pretty purple. 

Do you keep all your scrappy bits? Here is one of my organizing solutions for them. I have a decorative box that I got at Michael's to put light colored pieces in. 


They are easily at the ready when I need a scrap to stamp a quote on. When the box gets too full, just have a stamping session for ready to grab words.


Here is the inside cover of my book. The left side has stencil work with some washi tape & a spot to put a map of the route my future journey will take. The right some washi tape, a quote & stamping. I like stamping in my books leaving them open to color while I am on my trips.

 

Page 2 & 3, a combination of stickers, washi & stamping. Every trip starts out with coffee! My current favorite is Cafe Verona so adding the label seems like a good idea. Do you add ephemera to your pages? I find it adds interesting images plus reminders of my travels.

 

Pages 4 & 5 is about the bees. I love the Buzzing Bees set & find ways to use it when I can! The die cut colored images are Art By Marlene. She has wonderful images in her Paper Elements packs. When prepping pages I don't worry about the theme, it is mainly a place to write & add a few photos and ephemera. The more prepped the pages are the more I tend to work on them. Journal time is a bit limited when traveling, as participating in the vacation is the most important thing.


Pages 6 & 7- Love these filmstrip stamps. This page is more vacation like, the images were stamped on scrapbook paper to give interest behind the stamp. The circles are a DRD stencil. Of course more washi was needed. I do have quite a collection. The hand is from the Lots of Labels set. Thanks so much for joining me & I hope this inspires you to work in a journal.

 Supplies: 

6 comments:

  1. Fun project. I wish I had known about journals when I was younger and traveled. I am ordering the blank film strip so I can change the theme with stamps I own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea to have an ephemera session! Your pages are fabulous too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. As ever, I enjoyed your process. Thanks for the tips and for sharing Rachel’s interesting video on travel journals. I see you filling these pages with adventures as you head out with your kayaks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome images for your journal pages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great journal love your projects. now for a reread oh! Any wine left as you said lots of colours...white please Haggis hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these pages! The colors are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...