Monday, March 1, 2021

Create A Tag Using Paper Rose

Tag making is one of my favorite things to do, so today let's create a tag using Paper Roses stamps & stencil. Happy Mixed Media Monday for Topflight Stamps! As always you can see the tutorial here & pictures of the products used on Topflight Stamps site. If you use the code karenbearse you can save 12%!!! *Affiliate- some of these companies have given me product to use, play & experiment with. The ideas are my own but I tend to work with companies whose products I like, so enjoy the inspiration.  **some of these links are affiliate, I receive a small percentage from the company at no cost to you. This helps me deliver free content!
 
 
Tags are so fun to create, such a great way to experiment. This tag has a few layers & packs a punch with all the color. The whole tag was inspired by the product. I hope you will join in & make one yourself!
 
 
I started by swatching my latest 3 colors of Infusions. I have all my colors on this die cut on a ring which makes choosing a color easier. As the theme of the stamps is paint palette, color wheel etc. the tag obviously called for color! 
 
Step 1: Confession, I may have saved the inside wrapper of a Wendy's burger (cleaned of course) because there was a beehive pattern. Very happy to have used it! Just decoupaged onto a tag. You can use a piece of napkin or decorated tissue also.


Step2: Add Infusions powders & a few spritzes of water. A Bit of Jade & Black Current. I sprinkle them separately in 2 different areas & let a bit of overlap. That produced the lovely purple that you see. Once the water is added let the inky move & blend. 


Here are the Paper Roses stencil & stamp set that I used. As always the supply list with links is below. 
 

Step 3: Stencil the quote with a brush & ink. In this case Prism French Navy was used. The words were stenciled on a piece of lined paper. Fun & different.

 
Once the tag was dry, the stencil was used with a pen. Making the lines sketchy was a different way to utilize a stencil & create a kind of hand drawn quality. 
 
 
The paint palette stamp was used on card stock with an archival ink. Watercolor paint to paint in the boxes just as a real palette would look. All that was left was assembly & some doodling around the quote & edges.
 

 A few of the smaller paint brush stamps were used along the side of the tag. The whole thing was finished off adding sari ribbon & twine wrapped around with a charm. Thanks so much for joining me today. I hope you get the chance to create a tag! 

Supply List: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...