Saturday, March 6, 2021

Junk Journal Memory Book using The Folio Journal for Eileen Hull- Part 2!

Hello Fans of Eileen Hull, here today with Part 2 of the Junk Journal Folio. I even have a flip through video!!! The links to the other posts & main supply list are at the bottom of this post.  *Affiliate- some of these companies have given me product to use, play & experiment with. The ideas are my own but I tend to work with companies whose products I like so enjoy the inspiration.  **some of these links are affiliate, I receive a small percentage from the company at no cost to you. This helps me deliver free content!

As the cover & most of how that was made in Part 1, today we go into a bit of detail on adding the elastic & the inside of the books. There were a lot of products used so they will be linked individually, underneath the pages talked about to help you find what you are looking for. 

 


Video Flip Through! 

One of my big goals this year is more video. I said that last year but the family challenges brought on in 2020 made dried that goal into dust. The best part of life is that goals can always be reset so here we are! The flip through is thorough & I do talk you through the new dies & how my cover was made. Feel free to fast forward to the spots that interest you if you don't want all that info.

 Making The Signatures 

Next step was to prepare my signatures. Paper was cut 8.5 wide by just a line under 5 tall in kraft paper & folded in half. The clock catalog paper & German book paper was cut just under 4.75 wide as it was not wide enough to cut & fold. This is a great way to add cool paper that might not be big enough. The 2 peices were taped together using washi to create the fold. I either use a stronger washi or add a permanent tape runner adhesive to help it stay stuck. 4 signatures were made, then tags & gel prints were added from my stash.

 

Inside Cover & 1st Signature

Here is the inside cover. On the left side paper was glued down & the same paper was used to make the pocket & quote box. I often get questions on what glue to use... ideally the Easy Cut adhesive could be used for the background paper as it is nice & strong. Another option is ATG glue around the edges & through the middle & strong glue stick for the rest. The pocket was made using the new dies & a digital envelope popped in the pocket. 

 
The little quote box was a rectangle with a die cut used to create the decorative window. A Clipping sticker was put on the background paper & little dots were added to help the title pop. 


The cover of the 1st signature is a gel print from my stash. The stencil is Dyan Reaveley, I believe that one is discontinued but here is a similar one. The numbers are a new die from Tim Holtz by Sizzix. Other supplies:
 
 

A Few Inside Pages

This is the backside of that gel press with a strip of another gel press print added. The little pocket/tags is an Eileen Hull die Bookmark Tag & Pocket.  The other side is an inky tag with a flower made from various gel prints & the new Folio flower.
 
 
This page has a fun interactive element where the beehive cut piece flips up to allow extra writing, photo or mixed media fun. It was cut from the Abandoned paper using a Tim Holtz (TH) die to create the hive element. Another Clipping Sticker was used. The little tab is cut from Gift Tag TH set by Sizzix. The bee is from the Entomology Stamp set which is so useful & easy to cut using the matching die cut set.  


Under the flip, the stencil is TH Honeycomb with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink. The stamped script is from that Entomology set & is one of my go to stamps when I want a bit of text in the background. 
 

One More!

As you can see all these pages & more on the video flip through I will just do one more idea. This was missed in the video so it is added here. I love making elements that can then be added to these books. I taught an inky envelope class back in the day of live classes & then did a tutorial which you can find here. The idea in the true spirit of junk journal is to take mail and turn it into art. Then it is always easy to make a "tip in" by adding it into your book with washi or a folded piece of card stock & glued to create an extra page or element. All right that is a wrap on my Junk Journal Folio. Below are all the links to the Inspiration that this book has created. I hope you have a chance to get inky today!
  1. Tutorial Part 1
  2. You are here Part 2
  3. Blog Hop & Release with links to all the inspiration by the team. 
  4. You Tube Video Flip through. 
  5. Eileen Hull Release Party Live

Supply List

4 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...