Monday, August 30, 2021

Autumn Card For Topflight Stamps

Hello Stamping Fans, this is my bi-weekly post for Topflight Stamps. Mixed Media Monday I will start off the week with our new theme- Fall/Autumn. I have some recycled fun for you. How many packaging tags have you saved? I have a lot!

Here is my Autumn tag. It is shimmery from the mica spray (hard to see on camera) & has lots of nummy texture. 

With fall right around the corner I HAD to get the newest Mica Sprays from Tim Holtz. They are sold in sets of 3 & have great packaging so that is the base to my card. 

I also had to swatch these shimmery babies out. They look so good! Love that mica spray look. Hard to see from the photo but just nummy shimmery goodness.

Let's get inky. Using the packaging, cover the words using some gesso just in case I missed a spot. You could also use a tag or make a card. Next up was a layer of crackle paste through a stencil. So many choices but a spider web would be a good one. The stencil at Topflight Stamps is a bit different but would work great. As always the links for the products are below. 

Set that aside to dry & stamp the mushrooms from EKC36 with Archival ink & cut them out. Color them with your favorite inks or pencils. Same goes with the quote, which you can also stamp onto patterned paper for extra fun. 

Now for some color, use the sprays randomly, keeping the color in the same spots so you don't make the colors muddy. Although the Flickering Candle & the Crooked Broomstick make a lovely brown. Add some back ground stamping once the background is dry. The edges were also distressed in French Navy. I also stamped my journal while I was at it... 2 birds...

All that is left is to assemble. For added interest the quote was distressed in Roasted Coffee & the edges curled to make it look like a parchment sign. I also popped a butterfly on at the last minute! Thanks for joining me today! Remember to hop over to the Topflight Blog for photos of the products & links, the links are also below.

Supply List:

2 comments:

  1. I just love that you used the packaging for the base and aren't the new Micas just lush? I can just imagine how beautiful the shimmer is on your finished tag and I adore the fungi too! Hope you are keeping well my friend. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Anne!! Yes the Micas are fab & photo's do not do it justice. I am well I hope you are too my comfort person! Hugs back, Karen

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...