Monday, August 16, 2021

Mixed Media Art Tag with AALL & Create.

Hello Inky Adventurers! Today for Topflight Stamps I am making a mixed media tag. If you follow me on Instagram (link on the right hand side of  my blog), I recently posted a group of background tags. Thought this would be the perfect opportunity to pull them out & finish one. *Affiliate- some of these companies have given me product to use, play & experiment with. The ideas are my own but I tend to work with companies whose products I like so enjoy the inspiration.  **some of these links are affiliate, I receive a small percentage from the company at no cost to you. This helps me deliver free content!

There are a number of mixed media techniques going on here but it was fairly easy to put this together as the background was already finished! 


 The tag started with Distress Oxide sprays in Broken China & Fired Brick as well as some Fossilized Amber. The tag was spritzed with water 1st & then spray was added. 


 Love me some washi tape!! Such a simple way to add dynamic images. Just put a few strips down. These are all by AALL & Create and there are a bunch more in the store.


Next up was of course some embossing powder. The side piece was done with Crystal Glaze a fun mix of blue greens & some specks of black & gold, so pretty. 

On a piece of parchment some of the background images were stamped in French Navy & Thundercloud Prism Ink. The gal focal image was stamped, then re-drawn with a heavier pen to help the image pop.  

She kind of reminds me of the main character from the TV show Blindspot who was tattooed all over. 

Added some background stamping with Cinnamon Swirl with the circle techno kinda piece. More embossing- the  arrow type piece in Crusty Copper. Then a piece of a shower pouf was cut out. I liked the idea of her being in a net of some kind. No idea why, just where my brain went, LOL. 

I also liked the idea of her wings being made from vellum. Copied the same technique as a few weeks ago, which you can see here. They were embossed using Dragon's Egg powder which is a pretty iridescent purple. 

All that was left was assembly. The pieces were layered wings 1st, then netting, then her body. I used Cosmic Shimmer glue which did the trick nicely. A few tiny staples were added with the tiny attatcher & some sari ribbon to finish it off. Thanks so much for joining me today. To see photos of the product you can go to my blog post on Topflight Stamps. There are also links for all the products below. Have a great day!

Supplies: 

4 comments:

  1. Love your gal with wings art tag Karen, she really does look like she is captured in the net. Your inky tag makes a great background for her to sit and ponder her fate! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dottie!!! Love your take on it.

      Delete
  2. This is such a great tag Karen, so many amazing and beautiful details. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...