Monday, September 28, 2020

Making Junk Journal Envelopes with That's Crafty

Hello Stamping Fans, kicking off Mixed Media Monday on Topflight Stamps. This week the team are playing with That's Crafty! As I am battling an eye infection which makes being on the computer a real challenge so this is going to be quick & easy.
**some of these links are affiliate, I receive a small percentage from the company at no cost to you. This helps me deliver free content!

I have been playing with Junk Journals lately & felt like altering some mail envelopes. This is a great thing to do when you feel like creating but don't have a lot of time or eyesight LOL.


First up take some mail envelopes like the ones your bills come in. I like using the window versions.  Cut them to the size of your book. I wanted these to be flips so I marked off 1/4" at one edge so I could put tape there for easy flipping. 

 

Cover them in random papers. You can stick to the junk journal type of paper like book prints, maps, or you can also add in some scrap book paper. I keep in mind some of this is going to get covered up so for this version I stick with lighter colors. 


Open the top of the envelope to decorate the inside where the window is. It is a good idea to use a contrasting paper or pattern paper so the window pops. You can put stamped images, napkins, tissue for example. It is also fun to put a quote or fun surprise image. Hot Tip: Put your envelope on a light box or against a window so you can see how big the window is & if your image will fit...


I like to punch a shape at the top of my envelope so it makes is easier to slide my tag or whatever in it. Add a piece of washi tape in that spot, to add some imagery. Using a stencil you can also add a touch of interest on the background. Choosing lighter colors will help the main images still pop. This was done with a dabber & Fresco Finish Paint.


Stamp some random images in the background, I used the script stamp from the Arty Wings set with some Red Brick Prism ink. It is subtle but you can see it if you look closely. On one of the envelopes I stamped the light bulbs & then colored in with paint markers. 


For the other envelope I stamped & cut out the word Art from the set & added some watered down paint. Love how the Art by Marlene die cut images look in the window! This one also has the strawberry from the washi tape on it. I also added a butterfly paperclip which I made using the same techniques as my last Topflight Stamps post.

Lastly I sewed around the edges being careful to not slow my flap. This was a fun way to spend time today! Thanks for joining me & I hope you get a chance to get inky.

Supplies: 

That's Crafty Cogs stencil or mini stencil
      "       "  Stamps- Christmas Set 1 
      "        " Stamps Set -  Arty Wings
Art by Marlene Diecuts 
 

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...