Monday, April 27, 2020

Journey Mini Passport Art Journal Page

Hello Stamping Fans, today I have a mini art journal or art card for Topflight Stamps. I hope you are staying safe & healthy & taking some time to do some art. I am finding even if I don't feel like it once I get going it does really help. The stress & uncertainty that I know we are all facing, gets pushed away when you art. Even if you don't feel like you can do something please just sit down with whatever your favorite product is and play it really does help. 
*Affiliate- some of these companies have given me product to use, play & experiment with. The ideas are my own but I tend to work with companies whose products I like so enjoy the inspiration.
**some of these links are affiliate, I receive a small percentage from the company at no cost to you. This helps me deliver free content!



Along those lines there are, as I said many artists giving generously of their time doing Facebook or Instagram lives. I am trying to focus on a few of my favorites as I do my Mixed Media Monday's Post. It really is a great way to get that creative juice going. This week is Seth Apter. If you ever have a chance to take a class from him do it! He is a great teacher & super nice human being. 
 


This card was inspired by one of Seth's recent Facebook lives where he played with his new embossing powders. Topflight Stamps happens to carry both the stamp set & his embossing powders.  I simply painted the background with a few Fresco Finish paints.



This art journal page uses Seth's newest PaperArtsy stamp set release called ESA 13. I embossed the circle with Sea of Tranquility on card stock.


The background once the paint was dried was embossed with Crusty Copper using the cool letter like background stamp. The journey stamp is the title & stamped with Archival Ink in case color was added it would not smear.


To finish it off a Tim Holtz paper doll was added & a Clippings Sticker was distressed & added as well. If you want to follow along with Seth's Facebook Lives go to his page here.
He also has a creative group on Facebook that is filled with great art & wonderful folks so if you play with his supplies you can post your creations, join in the challenges etc. It is called the Seth Apter Creative Community. Now go get inky!

Supplies:
Remember if you put in my code karenbearse you save 12% off your order. 

Seth Apter stamp set ESA13 by PaperArtsy
Seth Apter embossing by Wow 
Fresco Finish paint by PaperArtsy in Cerise & Mermaid
Tim Holtz paper doll & clippings sticker.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous Karen! Those background colours against the black work so well. Glad you are keeping busy on the creative front. Yes sometimes it is difficult to start but so rewarding when you do. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...