Monday, April 13, 2020

Passport Journal Mini Art Page #the100dayproject

Hello Stamp fans, let's make a passport size, mini art journal page today for #the100dayproject! First I want to say I hope you & your family are safe in this super crazy COVID world. Please stay home if you can & let's kick this virus back to zero. Many thanks to the 1st Responders, the medical community & essential workers who are out there everyday helping to keep us all safe. You are the front line heroes in all of this. 
*Affiliate- some of these companies have given me product to use, play & experiment with. The ideas are my own but I tend to work with companies whose products I like so enjoy the inspiration.
**some of these links are affiliate, I receive a small percentage from the company at no cost to you. This helps me deliver free content!


One of the best things to come out of this horrible situation is all the inspiration that is happening. So many artists are giving back by hosting free videos, live tutorials on FB & Instagram. I am trying to support as many as I can by sharing their links on social media. As a working artist most of our incomes have just stopped. Please support these artists if you can by purchasing their products. This page was started while watching and arting along with Tracy Evans from AAll & Create. I will link to her video below.

It is Mixed Media Monday on Topflight Stamps so off we go!!!! I won't go into too much detail as you can see what was done in the video step by step. Tracy did much more to her tags & I love all the detail. I plan on following all the steps at some point to see what I would end up with but for now...


Let's Get Started!

I decided to use my new & older Dyan Reaveley paints for this page. I love them!! The pink is Tropical Sangria, quite different from her other paints the neon cocktail paints are translucent. The green is new- Island Parrot & the old stand by & one of my favs is Vibrant Turquoise. 

Love These Stamps!!

I used AALL & Create Tracy Evans stamp on this one... #267 Nature Elements. These stamps are huge! They each measure 5 1/2" ish x 7 1/4" & there are 2 of them. So many fun details which are great for adding subtle stamping for backgrounds. You will want a large acrylic block if you want use the whole image.


Time For Some Texture.

I used the chain link fence image portion of the stamp to add some subtle texture with Lemon Zest. You do have to look closely to see it. I am tempted to add more on top so it shows up better.


Next the mushroom portion of the stamp was stamped on my background using VersaFine Clair in Nocturne. This ink works great on these stamps especially if you are inking the whole stamp. They are nice & juicy & stay wet long enough to get the image. I just love how it stamps on top of acrylic paint too. 



The mushroom images were stamped on white card stock with Archival Ink & cut out. Once dry, the paint was watered down & used like watercolor to get some blending in.


After that the mushroom were adhered over the corresponding image & the edges were trimmed off.



The final touch was to add some words & bling. 


I made my page much more simply then Tracy's sample- but it shows that you can play along with these videos even if your project ends up being quite different or only some of the techniques are followed like in my sample. Even if you were to only get a back ground done in these trying times it is progress!


Here is a screen shot from Tracy's video which is linked above, she did this cool tag accordion. Love all the little details she put into it.  If you want to join in with Tracy when she does her Facebook live you can join in here

That is it for today, stay safe, stay home if possible & take this time to do some art therapy! It really does help the anxiety & worry. Now go get inky! 

Supplies:

Tracy Evans stamps by AALL & Create- #267 Nature Elements & #46 Hearts
Dylusions Paints 
Archival Ink 
VersaFine Clair by Tsukineko in Nocturne

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is gorgeous and thank you so so much for the shout out . I have to say I am loving the look of Dyan’s paints , may need to treat myself now lol.

    Thank you so much for showcasing the stamps so beautifully 😘😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are most welcome! love those new stamps & yes her new paints in general are fun add the neon's scrumptious!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...