Monday, July 5, 2021

Art Card with Seth Apter Products

 Hello, fans of all things inky! I am here working with some of Seth Apter's latest release for Topflight Stamps. This release is with one of my favorite companies, PaperArtsy & includes 3 new stamp sets & 4 new paints. *If the products are sold out on Topflight, simply click on the "email when available" button on the left side of the Topflight Stamps site to be notified when they are back in stock.


Decided to continue my journey into art card/pockets. This time I pulled out an art tag that was made a bit ago & created a companion pocket. It will go in my latest junk journal & made me very happy to create a home for this funky cool tag. If you want to check out the tag tutorial you can find it here. There is also a video so you can play along!

*** I have also changed my email subscription to Follow It. This is just general housekeeping but you should now receive my blog notification from them. If you didn't get this post in your in box be sure to check your spam folder & add "Follow It" as a contact. Also if you don't want to miss a post just add your email to the box on the right of my blog to receive them in your inbox! 

 


Here is a video for you!! Play along with me as I go through step by step to creating this mixed media card or pocket! This would also be great as a cover of a journal. Right let's get to inking!! I made 2 backgrounds & you can see them in the video.


Step 1: using the new colors (Fuzzy Cactus, Aquave, & Desert Bush) of Fresco Finish paint & a brayer, simply roll some paint onto card stock. 

White & black card were used to give me an option. In the end I went with the black card stock piece so the photos may be a bit different but the technique is the same.

Step 2: Add some stencil work. This was done using Mud Splat & Double Denim with a cosmetic sponge. Use a deli paper as your palette, then reuse it in your journals. You will see that is how I added my title below.  

Step 3: Embossed images add that fabulous pop of dimension & shine. I pull out my swatch book to help decide what colors to use. So handy. 

These images were added with stamps, wow embossing pad & 3 colors of powder. Crusty Copper (circle), Blue Moon & Sea of Tranquility. Great names for powder too, plus very accurate as far as a description goes. 

Step 4: Using a piece of junk deli paper from my stash, the quote was stamped in archival ink. The ink needs to dry for a minute then the piece was torn out & decoupaged to my card. Love that pop of color.

Finishing up. The edges were sew with my machine in sort of a sloppy, mixed stitches kinda way.  

Lastly the stencil images were inked & smudged to help add some dimension. White ink pen was also added to the embossed images. Just helps them pop. Thanks so much for joining me today!! I hope you check out my YouTube video, subscribe & play along. Have a great inky day!

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...