Monday, August 17, 2020

Planner Pages with PaperArtsy

Happy Mix Media Monday on Topflight Stamps, today we are going to play with planner or journal pages using PaperArtsy. Do you write in a journal? If you do is pre-prepping your pages something you do? Sometimes I do like to prep so I thought we could have some fun seeing some inky steps I like to use. 


I tend not to need the page to match the days events. I just want to add some fun & color to my writing. I journal almost everyday. I like to have the stories written down for the photos I take. That way if I decide to work on a mini album or planner page the story is already documented. Do you ever look back at a photo & wish you remember why your kids were laughing? This is a great way to keep track.


Let's Get Inky!

Step 1: Pull out a stencil & some paint. I used Fresco Finish Paint This paint has a matt finish, dries quickly & is easy to write on top of. That makes it pretty unique in the world of acrylic paint. I like to use a cosmetic sponge to dab paint through the stencil. Less is more if you want a crisp image. 

Step 2: Add some stamping. I picked 2 colors of paint for these cool leaves. Green Patina & Magic Moss. Added a quick spritz of water & applied with a brayer directly to the stamp. Just a light coat works best. Then stamp, ink up, then stamp. 

I love the varied color this technique gives. Remember to wash your stamp immediately, you don't want dried paint on it. I use an old toothbrush to get the paint out of tiny grooves. 

Add a Focal Image

Once my background was dry it was time for some fun images. For this layout I chose the PaperArtsy Zinis 23 & 32, cute little tweetie type birds. To make fussy cutting easier, stamp the image onto the background 1st. That way the fun little dots & accents transfer. 

Next stamp with archival ink on card stock & color in with markers or paint. I used watercolor markers just for fun. Love this little guy!

I added 2 of the birdies they add so much!!

I still felt like it needed something so some watercolor paint was in order. I added the paint on the leaves. The acrylic paint acts as a resist so my image still shows up. A bit of a border ties it all together. Now my page is ready for me to add the day, a quote, some photos or washi tape whatever is the order of the day. 

 

How About Another Page?

 I made 2 more pages using the same stamp & paint technique. For this one I used a circle stencil & the paint Slimed & Aquamarine. I used the same colors to stamp using Seth Apter stamps. 

 

Infusions

Adding a title seemed like a good idea. Using a small tag and some Infusions for color was up next. Simply tap out some powder. Add a few spritzes of water- see the magical color. Spread color around. I made 3 tags using a different color for each one. Lemonchello, A Bit Jaded & Black Current. Options friends.

 

Once the tag was nice & dry Seth's title word Now was used with black ink, then embossed with Seth's Aegean Sea embossing powder which is translucent & makes the word pop. 

I still needed a little pop of color so this fun hand stamp was painted. Just love this look. Hot Tip: while you have paint out, grab some spare card stock to make extra pieces to have on hand of decorating other projects. I used Cerise & Smoked Paprika.

 

Once again ready for washi tape, photos and the super important journaling. Love how much that pop of color with the hand adds. 



Best for Last

I just love this big butterfly flower stamp by Tracy Scott. I knew I wanted to use it on one of the pages. Stamping it out 3 different ways so again I have images ready to go in my stash. From left to right. 1: use Infusions on card stock. Let dry and stamp. 2. Paint using water color paint randomly on card stock, dry & stamp. 3. Stamp 1st then color using Dylusions spray either in a water brush or with a paint brush. 

Quick pic of the Infusions. 1st- put powder on card stock, you can see a little goes a long way. 2nd- add water spritz, less water for more vibrant color. You can also add more powder if you need to. 3rd- move paper around to get paint to move & blend. Use a paint brush if needed. This paint has walnut crystals which give them the dynamic look. If you don't want as much of the brown crystal look you can dab them up using a paper towel. 

As you can see I went with the Brush Marker painted version. I just love how dynamic these colors are. Thanks so much for hanging in on this very long post!! I hope you get the chance to get inky today! Remember photos of all the products used along with their links are on my Topflight Blog Post.

Supplies:

4 comments:

  1. So many great tips! Those birds are so cute, but that butterfly is a show stopper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bright & cheerier, fun and tells a story … really like your thinking process on why you do
    Your pages this way … thanks Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks so much Shirley on the lovely comment!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...