Monday, August 31, 2020

Paperclip Embellishments for Junk Journals

Hello Blogland, let's make paperclip embellishments for junk journals! This Mixed Media Monday on Topflight Stamps, I just want to add to my stash & have a play with my supplies. These clips can be used to add fun to an envelope, your planner pages, a tag or an art journal page. They are so eclectic & versatile.
**some of these links are affiliate, I receive a small percentage from the company at no cost to you. This helps me deliver free content!

 


Here is the fun addition to my stash. I have used one main technique on these, but really the sky is the limit. I was feeling very out of sorts the last few days & I am sure I am not alone. Too much to do, school around the corner, the world in a shambles, it is easy to lose ones bearings. I cannot tell you how much just pulling out supplies helped! Easy to finish the project too which is just a bonus. 


Let's Make A Paperclip Embellie!

I started with an embossed stamped image using the My Stamp border. This was just regular card stock. Pull out your embossing powders & randomly emboss the images. Faux postage stamps are perfect for paperclip embellishments! Funny story I forgot to use them! However they are ready for my next play.
 
 
Hot Tip: I made a bunch of extras, as I already had my supplies out. So mentally relaxing to have a fav movie on and just emboss away! I keep the Carabelle "My Stamp" system stamps together, so I always know where they are. It was easy to just pop these prepped backgrounds in the container so they are ready to go.


Inky Time

As these embellishments need to be a bit sturdy Using watercolor paper seemed a good way to go. I put some die inks in fall colors on my palette & spritzed a bit of water. Using a paint brush randomly to spread color on the paper. I did a whole strip to give me options.
 


Using some of the Carabelle Studio "Great Outdoors" I did a combo of stamping on white card stock & stamping on the paper I had just colored. 
 
 

A few were also painted using water color paint. These are the ones I ended up using. You can also use the Prism Inks for this technique.


Embossing Time

To give the stamped images that coated epoxy look, clear emboss was added. This will also give the images some protection from wear & tear. I like using Eileen Hull's Glistening Glass as it is chunkier that regular clear emboss & looks just like the name. It also really pops the images.


Making The Paperclips

Now that the covers of my clips are made it is time to add the clip. You will want to use a strong glue for this so I went with Redline. Place your clip on a piece of paper so you get an idea of placement. This also prevent gluing the paperclip shut. I am working on the lady image here so the stamp is vertical. Simply add a few strips of Redline on the back & push the clip into the glue. Back your piece with scrapbook paper or card stock. Add more glue- I used ATG & glue stick then adhered it to some scrapbook paper.
 

Voila done. I love how simple this was to do. Bonus photo...I spent some more time today playing! Embossed a die cut piece from AALL & Create using Seth's embossing powder.  Then backed it on paper with some stencil work. Also made one with words from Darkroom Door Sentiment Stamp. So relaxing! Thanks for joining me today, remember to hop over to Topflight Stamps blog to see photos of most of the products used today. Hope you have a chance to get inky!

Supplies:

2 comments:

  1. I love these clips, they are just so perfect for adding to a journal. I never seem to throw anything away so this is such a great idea to use up bits and pieces. Great tutorial too! Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, and I love the "My Stamp" image. I knew I wanted it when I first saw it. Now I have a bunch of images I've stamped in the "My Stamp". They are colored and ready to use! Some of them are going to turn into paperclips!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...