Monday, July 8, 2019

Mini Art Journal Page with Darkroom Door Stamps

Welcome to Mix Media Monday, today I have a mini art journal page using Darkroom Door Stamps & Hero Ink Ombre ink pads. This week the Topflight Design Team is playing with those 2 products. I hope you check the blog for some fun inspiration! All the supplies are listed below.


I have been working on a mini art journal for The 100 Day Project. The pages measure 3x4.5". I am loving working with embossing powder right now & discovered a fun way to make the filmstrip stamp actually look like a real aged film strip. This is the great part of art journal play is discovering new techniques! 


My page started by dragging the Neon Ombre (yellow to orange) ink pad down my piece of card stock. I used sponges to fill in & darken the color. 


Next step was to stamp the Darkroom Door Collage Stamp "Arty Hexagons" In a similar color to the dark orange. 


I added some stamped & cut out hexagons using the same stamp & ink as the background. 


For the film strip technique I first stamped in another Ombre ink " Pool to Navy". Once dry it was covered in embossing ink & Vintage Beeswax embossing powder. After heat setting I realized the vintage beeswax made the film strip look real!!! Eureka. 


Then it was just a matter of adding ephemera to my page along with some mark making.I hope you enjoyed this project & I hope you get a chance to get inky today!!

Supplies:

Darkroom Door Stamps- Arty Hexagons, Paris Filmstrip.
Seth Apter Vintage Beeswax embossing powder by Emerald Creek. 
Tim Holtz Snarky Small Talk.

*Affiliate- some of these companies have given me product to use, play & experiment with. The ideas are my own but I tend to work with companies whose products I like so enjoy the inspiration.  

4 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...