Thursday, July 13, 2017

Making Nautical Art Cards with Topflight Stamps



Today I have my weekly post from Topflight Stamps. Check out the sale at the bottom of my blog after you read the post! The theme over there is summer or nautical & I got to play with these awesome stamps from Joy Crafts-Seashore Icons.
art card with photo of seagulls & girl on floatation. Stamps with seagulls & ship wheel.
Stamps by Joy Craft have such great detail!

Playing with Stamps!

I decided to make some simple art cards, here is a quick rundown of how I made them.



This card started with random scrap paper adhered and was covered with acrylic paint & a scraper. I actually was arting on the beach where the picture was taken. Some random stamping of the Ships Wheel in black- notice how applying different pressure changes the look of the stamp. That is also as I was stamping on my lap! When I got home I added a photo from the trip, I love adding photos to my art cards.


The seagull was stamped on beige scrapbook paper, the postage stamp is from Pinterest & is on my Digi board. I added a few embellishments from Bo Bunny & did a bit of sewing. The feather was picked up on at the beach & adds the perfect touch of memory from the day!

 

Let's Make a Tag!

My second project is a tag that I had started with some cheese cloth & artisan powders. It was a demo I did in a class I was teaching. Perfect to add some nautical stamped images. I stamped the oh so cool light house & compass on scrapbook paper, & cut them out. The compass was adhered with pop dots. 


The lighthouse was added to with just a touch of color using Distress Oxide. Below I added some Glass Bead Gel & GemStones to act like the rocks! The background stamping at the top of the tag was part of that same stamp. The edges of the stamp are seagulls & clouds, so they were inked up and stamped. A bit of ribbon at the top & shazam, done. Thanks for joining me today, I hope I can inspire you to make some art. Pop on over to Topflight to get the best of Europe's stamps right here in the U.S. 

I am entering my tag in the Craft Stamper Magazine challenge. 

 There is a huge sale going on, all the summer stamps!


Topflight Stamp 
Other Supplies:
  •  Ranger-Jet Black, Cobalt Archival Ink
  •             -Fossilized Amber, Fired Brick Distress Oxide
  • Tombo Mono-Aqua Glue
  • Liquitex-Glass Bead Gel
  • Emerald Creek-Gemstones
  • Bo Bunny- Noteworthy Ephemera
  • Letters-Me & My Big Ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...