Thursday, July 27, 2017

Doctor Who Journal on A Vintage Journey

Hello Blog Land, I am the guest blogger over on A Vintage Journey with my Doctor Who Fan Girl Journal!! I was very excited to be asked to create a project for this awesome challenge site. You can check out my full tutorial on making the book cover there. The inspiration of their design team is really great. If you haven't been over to the blog please take a look at my post & have a browse around. The challenge this month is All Squared Up.


Here is my book using Eileen Hull's Journal die. Inside are 3 Midori style books that can be easily removed to work on. These books are a work in progress mainly because I need to go on a ephemera scavenger hunt. There is not a lot of readily available geek programing scrapbook paper. I will show you what I have come up with in the meantime. All my covers were done in fabric as I could get themed fabric for these shows!


Doctor Who- I added a laser die purchased at a Scrapbook Convention. Inside this book is paper that coincides with episodes. I am using the Paper House Discovery line. Stay tuned for some cool geek pages!



Games Of Thrones- OK seriously this show is insanely amazing. I read the books well 4 of them cause I am impatiently waiting for #6 to be released before I read #5. The show just does not disappoint. Last season finale had to be one of the best in TV history. For those of you watching last week's episode was CRAZY did not see that one coming. Don't worry no spoilers! Pinterest is a great source for images for these types of books. 



First page inside, made a pocket with a travel theme & printed out a map of Westeros. My first quote to open the book is very appropriate. "Winter is Coming" with a great drawing of Ned Stark on the Iron Throne. *This was found on Pinterest and was drawn by Marilia Araujo. Please see below for more info on the drawings & images used. The page peaking out is a downloaded image. I wasn't thrilled with the quality when it was printed out. 



Star Wars-now where did I put all my Star Wars ephemera? I know I bought paper like 8 or so years ago, where did I stash it? You can actually buy Star Wars paper & stickers but mine did not arrive in time for this post. I added a tag from one of the million Star Wars toys we own. 


People Magazine did an entire book which I have pulled apart & will be using the images for my book. This will be my middle layout because it is too frickin cool! 

Well that is it for now. Definitely a book in progress, I am seeing some art journal pages, some collage. It will be fun to see where this takes me. I will keep you posted! Thanks for joining me on this fun journey. I hope I can inspire you to make a Fan Book. I am seeing Supernatural in my very near future!

Images:
One of the challenges with Pinterest is trying to find out if the designer is the pinner & doesn't mind the picture being used. This book is for personal use & when possible I did a link to the original. I also did not use pictures that were obviously copy right. Also credit goes to BBC for the photos of The Doctor's on my cover!

*affiliate-I am on a number of design teams & occasionally receive product for posts. I do work with products I love and try to find the best ways to use them!!

9 comments:

  1. Woo hoo Karen you have really gone to town on producing pages to match your favourite tv shows, they all look fantastic and I am amazed at the papers and ephemera you were able to pull out for each of them. I love your creative mind and how you match things up and design pockets to keep your collected pieces in, oh and that mini tardis charm is a brilliant addition. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful journal over at AVJ today and creating such a masterpiece. It was lovely to catch you on Eileen's live video last night too. Have a great weekend. Huge hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for all your kind words Brenda! It will be a fun book to work in. I just need to get over to England & do some WHO travel. Love your challenge site the inspiration is amazing! Hopefully we will meet in person one of these years!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely ADORE your Tardis Journal Karen, it is quite simply - fabulous!! I loved seeing how you brought it together, your amazing colour choices and wonderful textures. I made a Tardis with Eileen's ATB die a while back but this is such a brilliant idea, I need to make one for Game of Thrones - thanks so much for the idea! Thank you too for sharing your amazing talent with us at A Vintage Journey too. Hugs, Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Anne! I know I want to make more for sure just the first in the series. The great thing is as you well know I can move the booklets around to another book if needed cause yes Game of Thrones, Supernatural, Avengers... Long list!!! Maybe a Games of Thrones Book with inserts for every season cause it is one of my favs!!!

      Delete
  3. Ohhhhh yes a Supernatural journal is on my list too!! :) I love the texture and layers you create Karen!! I wish I could have a whole day of creating/learning with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes Supernatural will be the next in the series! Thanks so much for your comments. Hopefully I will be up that way to teach one of these years!

      Delete
  4. Ohhhhh yes a Supernatural journal is on my list too!! :) I love the texture and layers you create Karen!! I wish I could have a whole day of creating/learning with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, your journal is FABULOUS! What a great idea to make one to hold all your ephemera and bits about your favorite shows! Great inspiration! Thank you for being our guest at A Vintage Journey--what a fabulous post! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...