Friday, November 4, 2011

Embrace the Chaos!


Here is one of my ScrapbooksPlus design team pages. I admit it I had a hard time with this months papers! I don't do well with small patterns & multiple colored prints. I was also creating & teaching my art journal class & just couldn't bring my brain back to scrapbooking. So I had a little help from some friends on this layout. I had printed out these Hipstamatic photos from my ipod & that was about it. Suzie Bentz worked on putting some papers, tags & a general layout together, then Deborah Mahnken took that & added the Bo Bunny paper, tweaked the layout & gave me some ideas. They are not responsible for the mayhem that ensued. The general plan was to add some stencil work on the edges of the layout. I had a photo of the layout but once I started going, I couldn't stop!! I had so much fun just completely junking this up!

I cut 2 pieces of the MLYB (My Little Yellow Bicycle) Harvest Rings, distressed the edges & inked them with Vintage Photo. Using the stencils I glimmer misted branches with True Blood & stamped the spider webs.This is one of my favorite techniques to give my stamped image a glimmer &/or multiple colors. I inked the stamp with Spiced Marmalade distress ink then spritzed the stamp with Tiger Lily Glimmer Mist. The stamped image is all glittery when dry. Next I started layering using the tags & pocket from MLYB. Once my photos were down I started stamping & embossing with wild abandon. I stamped/heat embossed like a crazy person. So great to just go for it! I cut the fences using a border punch & 2 of the papers-Burnt Orange Knit, & Walnut Knit. I used the brown underneath - gluing it a little up & to the side making my fence dimensional.

My cat & raven were die cut using corrugated cardboard. I peeled off the top layer for the raven & painted it with black soot crackle paint, adding silver paint when it was dry & a copic marker colored bling for his eye. The cat was spritzed with True Blood GMist- one of the new fall colors from Tattered Angels. Once dry I covered it with GGlam Hammered Copper which is this rich copper glitter that doesn't change the color of the bottom layer just adds tons of glitter without the mess of glue. A charm & bling were added to my scaredy cat. So much fun! Also Macs zombie shirt was made by tearing the holes in the shirt, adding aged mahogany distress ink, true blood & black magic glimmer mist in places-looks so realistic!

I added flowers that had been spritzed with True Blood &/or hit in parts with the Hammered Copper, giving them a beautiful glittery look. The skeleton was stamped on black card stock with white craft ink. The lock & key charms are new from Fabscraps & can be purchased at the check out desk of ScrapbooksPlus. Some of the tag labels are from last months Fancy Pants kit. Again this layout was so much fun to do after being completely paralyzed. Being forced to get it done and forcing the paper to work with my style not the other way around facilitated this fun, fun artsy time. Of course with a little help from my friends! So go grab that impossible layout & let loose!!!
Supplies:
Paper-My Little Yellow Bicycle, Bo Bunny
Tattered Angels- Glimmer Glam, & Glaze
Tags- Fancy Pants, MLYB
Stencil- Crafters Workshop
Tim Holtz - tissue tape, alterations die by Sizzix (cat & raven)
Stamps- Stampers Anon. by THoltz, Stampin up, Inkadinkado, Red Lead.
Border Punch- Martha Stewart
Flowers- Recollections
Brads - My Minds Eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...