Monday, October 24, 2011

I was at a crop with some friends & this art journal page just poured out of me. I had soooooo much fun doing it! I was writing that some days I image that this is what the inside of my head looks like. Ideas float along, at other times they bounce around like a game of pong or galaxy.

The background is distress stains. The stamps were inked with StazOn so the color wouldn't run. I painted the images using gelatos, stains & glimmer mist. I love using glimmer mist as a paint. It makes the image all shimmery. The stamps are mainly Dylusions & Oxford Impressions. A neat painting technique I learned from Dyan Reavely (used in the leaves) is to paint with the distress stains in a color -peeled paint & while the stain is still wet add a spot of a different color -forrest moss. The 2 colors blend a little making it look like a highlight.
I love that the skull is popping out of that cool stamp by Stampendous, he is on a pop dot. Gotta love a page that has floating sprockets!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...