Friday, October 7, 2011

Art Journal Club!


I am teaching a monthly Art Journal class that is like a club. I pick a product every month & demo the tar out of it. I research & find all kinds of new ways to use said product and invent cool new ones usually by accident.

I make a couple of class samples as a spring board to help get people started. Then I do a bunch of samples-either tags or just backgrounds to illustrate the technique. Last month I did a page that had almost all the techniques on the one page-way cool! I had taken an awesome class by Dyan Reavely and I knew I had to incorporate her into my art journal club! She is from the UK & is Ranger's Senior Educator in Europe, has her own store, teaches, designs-super woman basically. Her stamps are fun, and eclectic. Honestly not my style at first glance but I am loving them!!!

The product we used was distress stains by Ranger, not just as a background but to stain wood, paint the stamped images, stain chipboard...on & on. All the stamps I used on these pages are Dyans her line from Stampers Anonymous called Dylusions. Perfect for art journal!

I am having a great time teaching this class to this wonderful group of ladies! Total pleasure-& the best part is I get to play & get inky- a lot!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...