Monday, October 17, 2011

Halloween Mask

For my Design Team project this month I found this cool blank skull mask-perfect for Halloween. I started by randomly tearing the beautiful Fancy Pants paper into smallish strips. I crumpled each one making it easier to attach to the surface. Deco Arts Decoupage glue-my favorite art journal/paper wet glue, you can buy it at ScrapbooksPlus is used for layering the paper down. When gluing the paper to the mask you just have to move the paper around as you layer it, this glue is perfect for this technique. Set that aside to dry.

Shrinky Dinks are a great way to add inexpensive charms to your project. You will want to use a fairly large stamp to get good results as they shrink to 20-50% the original size. We now carry Ranger Inksentials shrink material at the store! You can heat these with your heat gun or do them in the oven. Stamp with an achival ink before shrinking, you can color the opposite side with chalk, marker or alcohol ink. Cut them out-punch a hole with your crop-a-dile & heat. I used copic marker on the witches hat after shrinking for a less vibrant color. I attached my shrink art & some baubles..on a chain then using my crop-a-dile punched a hole in the side of the mask attaching my chain with a brad.
Next I ran metal foil through my vagabond with embossing folders. Than inked it up with alcohol ink. I love adding this to projects to give them that cool metal look but it is super fast & easy. My skull friend is a bit hip so he needed a nose brad. Add some rub-ons from the Oct.31 collection to add more interest. The Fancy Pants rub-ons go on really well, I like to decoupage glue over my rub-ons to help them stay when being handled. I added my creepy spider using glossy accents-my go to glue for metal. Finally my skull needed a spooky raven to hang out with, just bought him at a craft store & clipped him on. Now I have a cool hand made Halloween decoration. Happy spooking!!!!
Supplies;
Fancy Pants-paper & rub-ons.
THoltz idea-ology-spider, baubles & swivel clasps.
My Minds Eye-brads.
Stamps-Inkadinkado,

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...