Monday, December 7, 2020

Snow Day Card for December Daily

Happy December, today I am making a snow day themed card for my December Daily. The theme this week at Topflight Stamps is "Snow" so be sure to tune in & see what my teamies have planned! Christmas is a busy month but I really want to be able to squeeze in some relaxing, quick items for my album. Remember if you use the code karenbearse you save 10%!  *Affiliate- some of these companies have given me product to use, play & experiment with. The ideas are my own but I tend to work with companies whose products I like so enjoy the inspiration.  **some of these links are affiliate, I receive a small percentage from the company at no cost to you. This helps me deliver free content!

Here is my mixed media page made simple, with a few short cuts. I love that this page is sitting in my book just waiting for the photo or a journaling spot ready for that day. If we don't get snow I can make my page about the fact that there was no snow this season!  

 Step 1: to make this page super quick I used a few of Art By Marlene's products, letter stamps by Tracy Evans, & snowflake background stamp which is a must have. To start, simply cut a piece of card stock either for a card or to fit in your album. I made mine 8.25" x 4". Then I cut a piece of collage paper a .25" smaller. The collage paper is fairly thin so you will want that card stock backing for sure. I will be able to put this in a pocket or punch holes & add it as a skinny page element in my album.

 

For the title I used a stamp platform so I could easily line up my letters. This way it I can see where the image will be on the paper & if a letter doesn't stamp correctly easily fix it. 


For decoration I used a die cut out of the Paper Elements Pack & a quote from the Sticky Quotes by Art By Marlene. 

Lastly the snowflakes were heat embossed using Mermaid fin. Love how it glitters when it catches the light. If you wanted the snowflakes to be more prominent using a white or silver emboss would work great. That's it for today! Thanks for joining me & I hope you have a chance to get inky!

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...