Monday, December 21, 2020

Creating a Collection Of Mitten's.

Happy Holidays, I am here for Mixed Media Monday for Topflight Stamps. during these unprecedented times when a lot of families are not going to be able to see each other at Christmas, I hope you can still find joy. In my experience crafting brings joy, both in the act of doing it & in the piece produced. When your heart hurts sometimes it is hard to be creative. This is a good time to just duplicate yourself to get in the act of arting. Find a piece you like & copy it. Change the color, images or product used & just make some art. Trust me it will sooth your soul.  If you use my code karenbearse you can save 10%. *Affiliate- some of these companies have given me product to use, play & experiment with. The ideas are my own but I tend to work with companies whose products I like so enjoy the inspiration.  **some of these links are affiliate, I receive a small percentage from the company at no cost to you. This helps me deliver free content!

I am playing again with Eileen Hull's Mitten die cut. This one has lots of PaperArtsy on it. With little time this December to be creative that is what I decided to do. I took a piece I made in July & switched it up a bit to create 2 other pieces. 


Now I have a wee collection! These will be used in my December Daily most likely. Here are the links to the other mittens if you want to make them or like a product. 

  1. Kooky Owl
  2. Red Tweety Bird


Let's do it! Simple and fun, this could be easily reproduced to create cards, or a banner as well. Simply cut out your shape from card stock. Mask off lines with purple tape. Paint with PaperArtsy Fresco. I used Bora Bora & South Pacific for this one.

Once the paint is totally dry, stamp with either a background stamp or combination of stamps & heat emboss. *Hot Tip: in winter months or if you live in a dry climate the paint helps create a foundation for the embossing ink to sit on. If you find your powder just slides off it could be the paper is sucking up the ink quickly so it is not staying wet long enough. 


Stamp your focal image & color using whatever your feel like. Watercolor, marker, color pencils... Just have fun with it.  Stamp your sentiment in Archival Ink. Cut the shape you want & emboss in Glistening Glass to give it that epoxy look in seconds. 

All that is left is to  assemble!  I did use a foam square to pop my quote off the page. Turning this into a swing element for my December Daily was the last step. I can put a photo or journal spot underneath for a fun interactive element.  Thanks so much for joining me today. I hope you have a very Happy Holiday & that 2021 is the most awesome year for you & your family. 

Supplies:

4 comments:

  1. Karen, this is such an inspiring post! I love fabulous mittens you created and your idea of 'duplicating yourself' is such a great one. I lost my mojo after making my Christmas cards and now I feel inspired to try your idea, so thank you.

    We are expecting to back into total lockdown after Christmas but we are staying very positive and making the best of a bad job. I wish you and yours the best Christmas possible, my friend and all the best for a happy, safe and positive 2021! Big hugs my friend. Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Anne! Sorry you lost your mojo, I feel that with the extra weight of the world during the holidays. Glad I could inspire you my friend!

      Sorry you are back to lock down, probably for the best. Let's hope these vaccines get us back out into the world! I wish all the best, health & joy to you in the new year. Big hugs & love right back, my comfort person.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...