Monday, July 6, 2020

Christmas in July Topflight Stamps Style.

Hello Topflight Stamps fans, this week we are having Christmas in July!! This Mix Media Monday's project can be used many different ways. Just by changing the colors to reds & greens along with more Christmas like stamps this project could be turned into a Christmas card, gift tag, ornament, mini album... so many possibilities!
*Affiliate- some of these companies have given me product to use, play & experiment with. The ideas are my own but I tend to work with companies whose products I like so enjoy the inspiration.
**some of these links are affiliate, I receive a small percentage from the company at no cost to you. This helps me deliver free content!


 I was feeling very "Jingle All The Way" and wanted to use the newest diecut release by Eileen Hull as my base cause is is so cute & versatile. It was so much fun to make this project. For now it is a tag but I can change it into a mini album which I am tempted to do.   



Let's Get Inky!

I cut my pieces out of mat board to give my project some stability. This makes the project versatile as I don't know what I will be using it for yet. The diecut also comes with a zig zag twill type piece & 4 sizes of hearts. 



Next up was some color. I chose 3 Fresco Finish paints & blended Aquamarine & Blue Lagoon to make a 4th color. This way I know they will be the right tone. Then painted the colors light to dark in a stripe pattern.



Time To Emboss!

I knew that I wanted to add snowflakes using this great background stamp by darkroom door- Snow Flakes. Embossing is the perfect way to bring a dynamic look to the stamped image. I chose a few colors of Eileen's embossing & the embossing fluid from Wow.



The mitten once completely dry, was embossed using Seashell Ivory. This is a finer powder & did a great job to highlight the snowflakes. To emboss I stamped the snowflake with distress oxide in Faded Jean. This works for embossing as it has a higher wet time, but a bit of stickiness to keep the powder in place. The bonus is any place you miss with the powder, still gets the stamp image. I like to intentionally miss some spots or brush the embossing off to create that effect. 



This is one of my favorite techniques & I use it a lot but the results are so different depending on how it is done. For example here it was used with pattern paper 7 clear embossing to create the cover of a mini book.  The full tutorial is here.


The twill piece was covered with the emboss brush & heat set using Polished Silver. These Molten Dimension powders are chunky & need a heavier embossing ink. See how the silver is so thick & real looking? My quote was simply stamped out & covered with Glistening Glass to get that epoxy look. Use an embossing pad for this with archival ink so the images don't smear. A few Diamond Sparkles were added to jazz it up. 




Love This Owl.

Time to add my focal image which is the awesome owl, it comes in a set of owls- so fun. 


The image was stamped with Archival ink & colored using watercolor paint. The hat was colored with alcohol ink markers so it would pop. The fluff of the hat was embossed with White Wonder which gives it this chunky cool look. Lastly the ribbon & chain with jingle bells was added.

Thanks so much for joining me today! Stay safe & sane- make art! Hop over to Topflight Stamps to see all the awesome products that were used on this project. Remember karenbearse saves you 12% *some restrictions apply.


Supplies:

9 comments:

  1. Love the owl 🦉 and all of the techniques that you used!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just cracks me up Karen! I love it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun owl Santa on your lovely light blue mitten with sparkly snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me smile- what the heck is that owl thinking? :-) Great combo of products!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...