Monday, November 23, 2020

New Year's Page for December Daily

Is it too early to be prepping for New Year's in a December Daily context? I don't think so, the more my book is prepped the better chance I have of finishing it! Happy Mixed Media Monday at Topflight Stamps, this week it is all about New Year's.*Affiliate- some of these companies have given me product to use, play & experiment with. The ideas are my own but I tend to work with companies whose products I like so enjoy the inspiration.  **some of these links are affiliate, I receive a small percentage from the company at no cost to you. This helps me deliver free content!

I had a lot of fun making this non traditional, very art journal, grungy New Year's eve page. You too can get the same result without having to break out a tube of paint! 

 Do you like a sale? Yay Topflight Stamps is having a Black Friday sale & it starts now!!!


The key to this background is collage paper by Art By Marlene. This light weight, super colorful & messy art journal background paper is perfect. Best thing is all you need to do is cut & paste! Simply cut card stock the size of your album. Add a strip of paper for the pocket. Cut & adhere the collage paper to fit! Hot Tip: use scrapbook paper that is patterned on the backside so your next page is already started.


Next step is to add some interest to the background. One of the things we love to do as a family on New Year's Eve is play board games. We have a few nummy beverages, snacky finger foods & play Yahtzee, Trivia Pursuit, Settlers of Catan... we are a board game family for sure. This stamp "Edison Game" by AALL & Create was perfect to add some imagery in the background. 


While I had the stamp & ink out, some imagery was also added to my writing journal. I like prepping these pages ahead of time mainly because it is fun & saves time. 

 

I wanted some of the images to pop, so these were stamped on card stock & cut out. Just adds so much interest to the page. 


While trying to figure out what color to stamp my title in, distraction may have been the order of the day. Making swatch pages helps such decisions & also can be fun. Seth Apter's Baked Velvet Embossing Powders are translucent. They have a tint of color, that when layered with ink, changes the color of the ink. This swatch was done using Aegean Sea. The embossed image was created & the same ink stamped below it, with the name of the color written below that. The tab shows what Aegean Sea looks like with just clear emboss ink. 


I chose one of my favorite Prism Ink colors- Ocean Spray for the title. It pulled out that line of teal that was on the back ground paper. Tracy Even's has a fabulous new alphabet set out that is perfect for this type of page. Hot Tip: when laying the letters on the stamp block, turn the stamp set backwards so you can see the proper placement & don't stamp a letter backward....


The letters were stamped directly on the background- risky yes but as the stamps are clear mistakes are easy to fix by re-stamping. I messed up the E in "year's" but just lined the letter E up and re-stamped it. The letters were also lined in a fine pen to help them pop. I did realize after the fact that according to dictionary.com an apostrophe was needed to the word "Year's", so that was added in before the $shot.

 A bit of washi tape was added & now my page is ready to go for the big day. I have a pocket that can hold photos, ephemera and more.


I know many of us won't be with friends & family over the insane 2020 holidays. Try and find the joy of the season & embrace the simple things. Take time to breathe & get inky. Cheers!

Supplies: 

  • AALL & Create Stamps- Edison Game #142
  • "                      "          Grungy Alphabet #397 
  • "                       "         Chess Art #115
  • Art By Marlene- Collage Paper 
  • Seth Apter Emboss Aegean Sea 
  • Prism Ink in Ocean Spray, Smoked Paprika & Roasted Coffee, plus swatch colors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...