Monday, November 9, 2020

Coffee Gift Card Holder

Hello, today we are going to make a Coffee Gift Card Holder!! Very excited to be creating a Christmas Present in November. This week the Topflight Stamps Design Team are creating Christmas &/or coffee themed items. The beauty of this project is it can be made for any occasion just by changing the paper & stamping to fit your theme.*Affiliate- some of these companies have given me product to use, play & experiment with. The ideas are my own but I tend to work with companies whose products I like so enjoy the inspiration. or I receive a small percentage from the company at no cost to you. This helps me deliver free content!


Here is my gift card holder. I used Eileen Hull's newest die cut The Post Box as the base for my project. I love that it is interactive! The recipient pulls the tab & out comes their gift card. As I am also using this for the Coffee Lover's Blog Hop so of course my theme is coffee!! 

How About A Coffee Blog Hop?!!

Topflight Stamps is a major sponsor of this Blog Hop so I hope you go check out all the awesome inspiration & tons of prizes that are available!! Here is the link to the Hop!


 Let's Make a Gift Card Box!

Start by covering a piece of mat board on both sides with gift wrap. I like using double sided adhesive for this. It is super easy to use, has great stick-ability & prevents bubbles in your paper. 


Cut Out The Post Box

Simply cut out your Post Box following the directions on the packaging. *Hot Tip: to make your project easier use paper that is non directional. I really like this print & made my life harder by using it. If you are using a directional print place it so the upside down part is on the back piece (not the way I did). Then it is easy to just cut out a piece of paper to adhere & fix it. 


The back of the box turned out great but the front was upside down-ish. I fixed this by simply cutting pieces out to make it work & that way I could be very specific on my pattern. 
 

As you can see above one of the challenges of these scored boxes is they end up with the board showing through where the fold is. This is easy to solve simply run a marker down the score line in whatever color you like or add washi tape. I always add glue to the washi to give it more stick.
 
 
*Hot Tip: Cut a piece of acetate out in the size you need, move it around on your paper until you have the look you want- trace & cut, then adhere! I keep all my acetate pieces together for various die cuts. Easy to find when I need them!


Time To Emboss!

Let's face it embossing adds that awesome punch to your stamping & I just love using it. My coffee cup was embossed with a fine copper powder so the details would show.  
 

 

 Embossing is Always the Right Answer!

While I was at it the quote I used was also embossed using Seth Apter's Baked Velvet in Crimson. Fun fact about this line of embossing, it is translucent so you can get multiple effects from one powder. My quote on top was stamped with Thundercloud which is a grey color & embossed with Crimson which gave it a nice reddish brown color. The bottom one was a clear emboss ink & the Crimson, which gives it a pinky red color. Fun stuff!   
 

Let's Assemble 

I added my cut front piece with the direction-ally happy words on it, then adhered the coffee cup. I added a bit of water color paint to it. Lastly the Air Mail label was stamped & glued where the coffee cuff is on the stamp. 
 

For the flap of the box, a word was cut out from the wrap & the coffee quote was also adhered. I punched a hole & added an eyelet, some twine & little bell charms. You can also add a magnet to create a snap close, if you want to add more treats or glue the lid shut.
 
 
Next add your gift card. Adhere a piece of ribbon- and a tab that will pull the card out of the box. 

 
Here is my gift box in action! Of course a Starbucks gift card is very appropriate for a coffee gift box. I may add some candy in the box as well when it gets closer to gift giving time. Thanks so much for joining me today. Be sure to check out the coffee hop & the Topflight Stamps blog to see what inspiration the team has for you this week. Have a great week!

Supplies:

8 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...