Friday, November 27, 2020

Comfort & Joy Pocket Notebook with Eileen Hull

Hello Eileen Hull fans I am here today with my Comfort & Joy Passport Book! We are kicking off this month long event with a Live event in the Eileen Hull Fan club on Facebook. I hope you join us for December's month long event of inspiration and community.*Affiliate- some of these companies have given me product to use, play & experiment with. The ideas are my own but I tend to work with companies whose products I like so enjoy the inspiration.  **some of these links are affiliate, I receive a small percentage from the company at no cost to you. This helps me deliver free content!

Here is my journal!! I am really pleased with how this turned out & it was really fun to make. Decisions, decisions.


 Maggie Harding has a great write up explaining this event & is letting us share so here you go...

We need some fun in our lives so all of us at Eileen Hull Designs put our heads together and came up with an event that you can participate in as much or as little as you'd like. It's a challenge of sorts and we'd like to see you to make a Holiday Journal for this season using any of Eileen Hull Design's book dies. Your journal could include activities, photos, recipes, shopping lists, daily thoughts, etc. Really, it can include anything you want; after all, it's your journal!
Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday between November 27th and December 23rd there will be a post in the Eileen Hull Fan Club from one of Eileen's team members with a prompt for a journal page. These prompts are meant to get your creative thoughts flowing and give you page ideas for your Holiday Journal. It might be in the form of a blog post, Facebook Live, recorded quick video, or a Facebook post in the group. It's up to you to take it from there and we can't wait to see what you come up with, so please share your covers and pages with us in the Eileen Hull Fan Club.


Here is the back of the book. Inspired by Jenny Marple, I used an Eileen Hull leaf die to make a wee flocked tree. I love the charms dangling down on the closure. 

 Finally here is what the book looks like with the closing ribbon strand open. I need to come up with a name for this strand of fun!! Well that is my sneaky peak for today. I will have a full tutorial up next Tuesday. I will also be in the Fan Club on Dec 11th to share my idea for your book. I hope you make your own book & join us in this Comfort & Joy event!!

Supplies:

Eileen Hull - Passport Book Diecut
                 - Spring Leaves Diecut
                 - Big Shot *black friday sale
"       "Therm O Web- Foam Adhesive
                             - High Loft Fusible Fleece
                             -Flocking Green Envy 
 
             -ephemera bundle 
             -charm bundle
             -Christmas Tokens bundle
             -Curio Knobs
             -fabric - I found on etsy, many shops have it & you can buy in smaller quantities like 1/4yd...
              -Christmas Quote Chips, 

4 comments:

  1. I love how you used fabric. Did you glue or just sew around the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Johanna I have a tutorial coming up Dec 11th with a video. I did a few different steps to make it but yes it was glued & sewn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adore this gorgeous cover Karen. The braided fabric closure is spectacular with all those beads and charms x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...