Monday, July 20, 2020

Let's Make Garden Rocks with Darkroom Door Stamps!!

Hello Topflight Stamps Fans!! This week the team are playing with darkroom door Background Stamps. If you saw all the awesome Christmas in July 2 weeks ago we all used the same Snow Flake stamp as our background- so funny we had no idea!!
*Affiliate- some of these companies have given me product to use, play & experiment with. The ideas are my own but I tend to work with companies whose products I like so enjoy the inspiration.
**some of these links are affiliate, I receive a small percentage from the company at no cost to you. This helps me deliver free content!



I have been working in my garden & have wanted to add some painted rocks for awhile & this seemed the perfect time to do it. I am so happy with how they turned out. One of the great things about this technique is you don't have to be able to draw to get a very cool painted rock.


Here is a sample of some Background Stamps that darkroom door has available. So much bang for your buck! You can use the whole stamp as I have done on my rocks, cut out individual images or use it as a background to create interest.


Let's Get Painting!  

First I picked out a rock & a brick that I was going to work on. I started by washing them & letting them dry. Next step was a layer of white gesso. While that was drying in the sun I prepped the background. Simply stamp on tissue paper with Archival ink. Using decoupage glue paint the rock and adhere the tissue, paint a layer of glue on top as well to seal it. 


Next up let's add some color! I used an alcohol ink based marker to color the flowers. Some of the flowers were simply one color, others had the darker color on the inside & the lighter color pulling to the outside. As my base is decoupage glue the marker has no problem grabbing on to the slick surface.


I also liked using the alcohol markers because I wanted something permanent. As these rocks will be outside in the elements another layer of decoupage will be necessary so I didn't want the colors to smudge. Yet another bonus of using alcohol markers, is the transparent color. The stamped image is still visible, letting the images sing. 


Add A Quote...

I love quotes and a rock is the perfect place for one. It may encourage the viewer to pause to read and really enjoy your creation. For my brick I decided to keep it simple with just the image & quote. The quotes were done on card stock the same way, in Archival, inked and glued.



I am moving my rock around my garden trying to decide where it should live. Kinda like it sitting with my hydrangeas!

 
Here is the last example of using the Snow Flake background stamp with embossing powder. You can see this post here or just keep scrolling it is the next post down. 
If you want more examples take a look and see all the different ways to play with these awesome stamps. Start here to take a look. Then go to older posts to see more! This is a great way to see how one stamp can look so different!  Remember to check back on the blog this week to see how my teammates play with these stamps!



If you want some snow flakes there is also a winter sale going on!! Time for some early Christmas shopping perhaps? That is it for today, I hope you get a chance to gather some rocks & get inky!!

Supplies:  

darkroom door stamps - Fun Flowers, Butterflies. Snow Flakes,  
Adventure Sentiment.
Prism alcohol Markers
Gesso
Super Matt Varnish for your decoupage glue.
Tissue paper, rocks &/or bricks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...