Monday, June 22, 2020

Seth Apter Mini Art Journal Page for Topflight Stamps

Hello Stamping Fans, let's make a Seth Apter Mini Art Journal page for Topflight Stamps. Mix Media Monday has me playing with embossing powder in layers. 



Layers of Embossing

The best part of mix media is adding lots of easy layers. I have been playing with Seth's embossing powder by Emerald Creek. He has a translucent line of powders that create subtle coloring. This page is for my #100dayproject as well. It is small 2.75" x 4.75" fits in my Passport Journal. I just love the quote, plus daisies are a very happy flower!  


 

Adding Stamping

I started the page with paper that looks like parchment. Using Seth's newest stamp line by PaperArtsy to create the background. To keep the images crisp use an archival ink. 


 The word Now was stamped in Archival Ink, dried & then embossing ink was put in random places. Starting with Sedona & then Maize, I heat embossed them 1 at a time. 


Using Prism Ink in Fire Coral I sponged through a stencil & covered the area in Dusk embossing powder. Let that cool.


Embossing ink was used to cover the page in 2 steps first using Dusk in the background & then Aegean Sea. This leaves the paper almost like it is covered in a light coat of resin. 


I had an element from the previous page that hung over the edge & wanted to cover it. A small tag was stamped in archival & heat embossed using Maize. Another option would be to heat emboss the X 1st, & then cover with a 2nd coat of the embossing, like on the background. It highlights the stamped area better. 


The word Now was adhered with 3D foam pads to create dimension. Then the quote was added & inked around. That is it for today! I hope you get a chance to play with embossing powder it really makes for a dynamic look. Make sure you stop by Topflight Stamps there are pictures & links to all the products I used.

Supply List: 

Seth Apter ESA15 for PaperArtsy
"       " Embossing Powder by Emerald Creek in Dusk, Aegean Sea, Maize, & Sedona
Prism Ink in Fire Coral
Quote from Mambi Planner
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...