Monday, February 17, 2020

Playing with DIY & Cie Stamp Set Globe Trottier

Hello Blogland, Happy Mix Media Monday!! Today I am playing with DIY & Cie Stamps & Prism Inks for Topflight Stamps. I have a tutorial for you on making a quick background that is great for ATC's, cards, art journal or even a scrapbook page. 


I am working on my #the100daysproject again today using a passport art journal book. The pages measure 3.25 x 4.5". I decided to make a travel page as I really need a vacation so making a page helps me dream of it at least.


Start with a piece of card stock, spritz with water & a few spritzes of the Glimmer Mist. Make sure you shake the mist side to side getting that ball that is in it working to move the mica powder. This will also help prevent clogs. The paper will probably curl up, the easiest way to cure this is spritz water on the back side of the paper & then dry with a heat gun, it will flatten as you heat. Love all the shimmer in this product!! 


Next I took a stencil & gave it a spritz with the one of the same colors to create a subtle pattern in the background. Hold the bottle about 6" away so you get a fine mist & better image. You can also splatter the piece after with a bit of water to get a splotchy look. Use a paper towel to mop up the water- voila splatter!


I looked at the stamp set I chose & figured out which images would be background & which would be my focus images. With that done stamp the background images in an ink that will show up on the background but not be too strong. Do you ever swatch out your colors? It really helps to give you an idea of the true color of your products. Prism Inks actually has a swatch page that you can print out & stamp all the colors you have. There is also a video on these inks.


The stamp set I chose is by DIY & Cie & is called Globe Trottier. Doesn't it have so many great images? It is a clear silicone stamp set & the images stamp really clearly & detailed even when using a pigment ink like I have here. 


I used the honeycomb in Peacock Green & the numbers in Cinnamon Swirl. Stamp lightly & stamp a second time to get an even lighter image. I am loving embossing powder right now so the boarder/edge stamps were done using Golden Rod. *Hot Tip: I used Roasted Coffee to stamp the image before adding the embossing powder, it works well instead of emboss ink & the bonus is, if you miss a spot with the powder, the image will still show.


Now I am ready for the focal images! The main images were stamped, cut out & colored. Everything was adhered down. The quote was embossed with Glistening Glass to make it stand out & adhered with pop dots. That's it for today, thanks for joining me & I hope you get a chance to get inky!! Don't forget to use my code karenbearse at Topflight Stamps for a discount!!

Supplies:

DIY & Cie Stamp- Globe Trottier
Prism Inks -Peacock Green, Cinnamon Swirl, Roasted Coffee & Thundercloud. 
Prism Glimmer Mist in Glamour Gold & Apple Green
Eileen Hull by Emerald Creek emboss- Golden Rod & Glistening Glass
Tim Holtz- paper doll.


*Affiliate- some of these companies have given me product to use, play & experiment with. The ideas are my own but I tend to work with companies whose products I like so enjoy the inspiration. 

**some of these links are affiliate, I receive a small percentage from the company at no cost to you. This may help me continue to bring you techniques & more inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...