Monday, February 3, 2020

Mixed Media Monday with PaperArtsy

Hello Topflight Stamps Fans, happy Mixed Media Monday!!! I am back from Creativation 2020. I am posting a lot of the show on my Instagram account which you can find here. It was the usual overwhelm of awesome products, techniques & catching up with friends. Once the products start rolling in to the shop I plan on doing a blog post on the fun we saw!


For today I am doing a quick art journal page in my #the100dayproject book. One of the things that is great about art journal is you can make back grounds in one go, get in the rhythm of that & come back to add stamping, ephemera etc. at a later date.



I started with a deli paper gel print. It was made with stencils, leaving empty space to create a window to the next page. Whatever you put underneath will show through the frosted areas. If you look closely to my project you can see the letters showing through from the scrap book paper that the deli paper was adhered to.


Next the bird was heat embossed with Burmese Jade embossing powder. I like outlining stamps with emboss- it leaves a bolder image that shows up better on a busy art journal page.


Using ink pads on my craft mat with a bit of water to paint the images seemed a good way to go. Mixing in a bit of the Glimmer Mist gave the bird a bit of a shimmer. 


Here is a close up of the inking & then some metallic pen was added. The page was finished with some washi tape, ephemera & a quote. Thanks for joining me today, now go get inky!

Supplies:

Gwen Lafleur Boho Blends emboss- Burmese Jade
"          " Stamp by PaperArtsy - EGL05
Glimmer Mist in Glamour Gold & Apple Green
Prism Ink Pads

*Affiliate- some of these companies have given me product to use, play & experiment with. The ideas are my own but I tend to work with companies whose products I like so enjoy the inspiration. 

**some of these links are affiliate, I receive a small percentage from the company at no cost to you. This may help me continue to bring you techniques & more inspiration.

5 comments:

  1. As always I love seeing the freedom you have with collage, mixing colours and designs in a boho chic way and creating such stunning results. LOVE this journal page so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...