Monday, October 28, 2019

Angel Mix Media Monday for Topflight Stamps

Hello Blogland, I am here with a quick tutorial making an angel mix media card for Topflight Stamps. I was sent a stamp set from Crafty Individuals & not going to lie it was a challenge to make some mix media fun with it. 


Paper piecing the angel image using gel press pages gives this card a mix media vibe for sure. As the angel with the gel prints was quite busy and had a lot of pattern going on I decided to keep the rest of the page simple- never an easy task for me. 


Let's get started! First step was to pick some background Gel Plate prints. Using a stamp press, stamp on the paper with an archival ink until you get some good images. I like using a press because the gel prints are made with acrylic paint so it is sometimes hard to get a good stamped image. The press alleviates this challenge. Cut out the pieces. Stamp the full angel image on a piece of card stock & assemble the pieces on top. Adhere. I left the face blank so I could color that in using a bit of water color & some markers.


Stamp the background paper with the star banner & heat emboss in black detail powder. I used the press for this as well to get a fully covered image. Check positioning of angel before doing this step.


Color in the stars using metallic paint pens. Adhere 1/8" SuperTape along the edges of the card. Place the foil pretty side up on the tape & simply rub with your finger. The foil easily adheres to the tape. Pull the sheet of foil off to reveal the cool metallic shine! If you miss a spot simply replace the foil and rub. 


Assemble & voila, you can use this as a card, or art journal page. Love that foil border!! Thanks for joining me today, I hope you have the chance to get inky!!! Remember use my code karenbearse to save 12% off you order at Topflight Stamps. 

Supplies:
Christmas Collection-set 1 by That's Crafty. 
Stamp Press by Hunkydory 
Rainbow Shattered Glass Foil

*Affiliate- some of these companies have given me product to use, play & experiment with. The ideas are my own but I tend to work with companies whose products I like so enjoy the inspiration.
**some of these links are affiliate, I receive a small percentage from the company at no cost to you. This may help me continue to bring you techniques & more inspiration.

6 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...