Monday, October 14, 2019

Tag Techniques For Topflight Stamps

Hello Topflight Stamps Fans!!! I am here today with a quick, fun technique & an idea for batch crafting. I had a really good, inky play with these products just creating without a ton of thought. It was really relaxing so I hope you give it a try especially if you are stressed, worried or overwhelmed. I ended up with a feeling of satisfaction at creating multiple pieces in one go. Not sure why it felt like such as accomplishment as my kitchen is still a mess!!


I made these 3 tags & took step out photos in 2 hours. There is a base recipe to making them & then it is a matter of adding ephemera, ribbons & charms. Batching means doing one thing multiple times to make the task quicker. Take a bunch of tags, card or art journal backgrounds & pull a bunch of stamps, inks etc. For example I took 3 tags & did Step 1 with all 3, then Step 2... assembly line crafting works great because you get in a groove & produce more items quicker.


Step 1: Using an archival ink stamp your focal image. I use a Stamping Press to insure a crisp, dark image. Once the ink is dry, cover it in Distress Glaze. This will protect the image acting as a mask so you can easily stamp on top, without getting ink on your protected image.


Step 2: Ink stamp with multiple colors of Prism ink & spritz with water. Stamp over tag randomly to create a water color like background. 


Step 3: Once that is dry add words, ephemera etc. Add ribbon & charms or thread to finish up your tag.


The crow tag below was made using Crafty Individuals Gothic Crow, the spider web from Indigo Blu Autumn Nights set, the quote from Visible Image & Seth Apter emboss in Crimson by Emerald Creek. 

To emboss the quote, stamp with Prism in Fire Coral & then emboss in the Crimson. The dye ink stays wet long enough to get good coverage with the emboss powder & if the some emboss powder gets blown off you still have the ink to show the quote. The background is in colors like Slate Grey & Thundercloud.


My last tag was made using the Indigo Blu stamp set Shine Bright. The quote was stamped in French Navy & embossed with Lime which is a translucent color that gave the quote an epoxy look to it. The background was done in Ocean Spray, Canary Yellow & Blue Lagoon like colors. I also added a few Diamond Sparkles for fun! Thanks for joining me & remember use karenbearse code on your Topflight Stamps order to save 12% off- some restrictions may apply see website for details.

Supplies: 
Stamps Shine Bright & Autumn Nights by Indigo Blu
           - Gothic Crow by Crafty Individuals
           -Live Life Now by Visable Image 
Stamping Press by Hunkydory 
Seth Apter embossing powder by Emerald Creek in Lime & Crimson
Ephemera by Tim Holtz.

*Affiliate- some of these companies have given me product to use, play & experiment with. The ideas are my own but I tend to work with companies whose products I like so enjoy the inspiration. 

**some of these links are affiliate, I receive a small percentage from the company at no cost to you. This may help me continue to bring you techniques & more inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...