Thursday, November 9, 2017

Let's Make a Coffee Tag!

Hello Stamping fans, I am here with my Thursday Topflight Stamps blog post & today is all about this funky, grungy coffee tag. 


 Tag You're It!

This tag came about quite quickly & just makes me happy! I played with Distress Oxide Ink & embossing powder so how about a tutorial?


1st up the stamps sets I used are by Darkroom Door. One of my favorite sets is called Coffee Time.


2nd set was a less obvious one to use but I love reaching for this set when I want to add some background stamping. It is called Grunge Marks. 


Let's Get Inky

Step 1: Using Distress Oxide simply put 3 colors on your craft mat. Spritz with water & drag your tag through the color, turn the tag in different directions & repeat this just a few times until the tag is almost covered.



Dry that first layer & add some of the left over splats by tapping your tag into wet color picking up a little bit of different color then the base color. For example in the yellow areas tap in brown etc. 

Using the same colors stamp some background images randomly around the tag. Let some of the images hang off sides to create more interest. 


Coffee Is The Cure for Cranky!

Step 2: I used a Gel Press paper from my stash to create my coffee cup. Simply heat emboss your image using emboss ink & a sparkle emboss powder. Cut the image out.


I also used the coffee beans in the same way to act as the steam coming up from the cup. Make sure the background of your tag is dry before embossing or the powder will stick to your background images. 

Time for Assembly.

Step 3: Stamp the quote on a piece of card stock, cut out & distress the edges. Adhere to the cup. 


Add the other images on the tag. I love using these paper dolls & like to create stories from my life for them. I made my cup into a pocket & cut out a tag for a journal spot. Well that is it for today!

I will be entering this tag in the Craft Stamper Magazine challenge.  I hope you get a chance to play today.

3 comments:

  1. Fab tag! Thanks so much for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It, Make It :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tag .... love the background. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Mrs Aisha Mohamed, am a Citizen Of Qatar.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr James Eric Finance Home he help me with a loan of $42,000 some days ago after been scammed of $2,800 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $42,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:(financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...