Thursday, November 2, 2017

Finding Inspiration to Art Journal

Hello Inky Friends, today I am writing about where to find inspiration for your art journal. As it is Thursday, you know it is my turn on Topflight Stamps! Sometimes the mood or time to be creative strikes, but inspiration to break out that blank page is no where to be found. The simple solution for me, is to get an idea from a challenge site. Even if you don't feel you can participate for whatever reason it helps to narrow the focus and is a good jump off point.
 

I decided to play in my My Favorite Book again this week, just art some stress away! I am loving how chunky this book it getting! I'll show you later in the post. 


I chose the Mix Media Monthly Challenge site to inspire my page. Their challenge #42 this month is Silhouette. I used the Seth Apter die Sunburst to create my silhouette image. 

I thought my journal page would look great with these Crafty Individuals stamp sets. I used this stamp called Floral Postcard.


 I wanted to make a secret journal spot so I also added this stamp Tall Wild Flowers

 
I used water color to color my stamped images. On the Tall Wild Flower panel I adhered notebook paper to the backside for my journal spot. 


I don't have a full tutorial this week but I will show you how I made this cute hidden journal spot. Really simple but it allowed me to make my page interactive. Once the water color was dry on the Floral postcard image it was adhered to my page.


Using a couple of strips of washi tape to create a flap was a simple way to add more interest & that secret spot. 



I added a cute resin bee as sort of a tab. You can check out how I made my bee here. 

 

I am loving how chunky this book it getting!!! Can't wait to get it finished and make a cool cover. Well that is it for this Thursday. I hope you had fun & get a chance to get inky!

5 comments:

  1. Super fun layered page! Your "chunky" book does look awesome -- good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a stunning page and fantastic use of those stamps!! Great inspiration! Thanks for adding this beautiful piece to our challenge at Mixed Media Mothly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Mrs Aisha Mohamed, am a Citizen Of Qatar.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr James Eric Finance Home he help me with a loan of $42,000 some days ago after been scammed of $2,800 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $42,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:(financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...