Friday, October 6, 2017

Seth Artifacts Collaboration Page 2.

Hello Arty Fans, I am back today with an update in my ArtiFacts book. I was really happy to take a few hours to play in this book. Seth Apter has this year long collaboration over on his blog. He has just posted the latest pages including this one, thanks Seth! You can find the August pages here & July's here.


Whoa Big Painterly Layout

Here is my full spread. It measures almost 21" across!! So many fun things going on! I will have some close ups of the eye candy below. Here is the link for how I made my book.

Playing With New Paints!

I felt as it is a Seth Apter collab & I love his products I will use them this month. I also decided to play with his paint line from PaperArtsy for the first time. I found them to be very unique yet true to their name "chalk acrylics".  They have a brighter finish then traditional chalk paints. One of the things I loved about them is that they have very good coverage on the kraft color paper-bonus. You can see I used them on the tags & with the stencils. 


 Let's Make Some Tags!

What a good way to start. Putting some paint on tags. I have to admit one of the challenges I have had on this project is that my book is so big & I am not used to working on this size. I figured using tags was an easy way to break up the page into a more manageable size. 



Working on the Layout...

As for how I did the layering, it is best that Seth shows you himself. Here is a YouTube video he did that shows the process. 


I have many stashes of random bits & pieces so I dug into my folder & pulled out a few. This made the project so much easier & kind of made me realize I need to have more die cuts at the ready for future use. Having them organized by designer really helps. Here is a pic of me starting to design the page. Taking photos along the way is a great way to remember what your layout was in case you want to go back.


I had printed out my February arting photos & made a journal card using the Project Life app on my phone. By moving the photos around my layout changed quite a bit. I knew I also wanted to add in some stencil work so I needed some gaps between my pics. 


It's All In The Details

Now that I had my layout down & glued it was time to add some details. I have taken a few of Seth's classes (which I highly recommend) so I put some of that teaching to good use. Adding mark making and some stenciling was also very relaxing & fun. You can see here how well the paint shows up on the kraft paper when used with a stencil. The die cut (inside of the pocket watch die) was kraft paper, painted with Smoked Paprika & once dry stamped with Jet Black Archival Ink. 


Here is a die from my stash that I had stenciled with gesso. Love this look! You can see another painted circle die peaking. Lot's of mark making & a subtle touch of stamping. 


Here I used another of those stash dies & stamped in the middle with a perfect fitted stamp. Seth is well known for his products fitting together. I used Distress Oxide Ink which has some chalk property & shows up beautifully on kraft paper also. 


Used Seth's Alpha Drip stencil with Archival Ink for my month. Love how the shadowing makes the letters pop like wow. Yes I am crazy behind but I am giving myself permission to not be stressed about this. This project is about reflecting back on my art & is allowing myself to be creative & a bit crazy with the pages. Just to play & have fun. Embrace the chaos!!! Thanks for joining me on my tour. Let me know what you like about this page in the comments!! Thanks so much for taking the time, I hope I can inspire you to play outside the box.


 Other links:
I am entering this in the most recent Frilly & Funky Challenge Blog. Lots of great inspiration over there!
All stamps, dies, stencils are by Seth Apter (yes I am a fan).

6 comments:

  1. I am totally in love with Seth's paint ranges and dies (big fan here too) and your pages are wonderful - loving all the tags! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Anne!! I know right, first time playing with the Fresco paint & it is FUN!

      Delete
  2. It's really cool that you're doing this. What a great record and so artsy and fun. We are so happy you joined my Use Your Stamps challenge at Frilly & Funkie. Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving how those gorgeous tags have been combined with die cuts and more on this fabulous layout Karen. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...