Sunday, February 17, 2013

CSI #58


This is my layout for CSI:Color, Stories, Inspiration this week. After following the color palette I chose metal, wood & jagged edges as my "evidence". My "testimony" was to write about a journey/travel site. We had taken Trin to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium to see Winter the little dolphin from the movie "A Dolphin's Tale". This week we had a sketch that we would follow which made it more interesting & challenging. The sketch is made by Em Stafrace creator of  "Page Drafts".


I followed the page fairly closely but didn't put in all the elements & added some different ones like my journal pocket. I took a glasine pocket & tore the top off it, embossed it and spritzed it with perfect pearls mist. Hitting the high points with ink made the embossed image pop. 
I used THoltz banners die to cut canvas & than spritzed with glimmer mist. Added a bit of stamping to give interest to the top layer. A wood tab stained with distress and stamped with the date was added to the banner as well as these cute 7Gypsy dome studs. My title is made with metal letters from my stash. YAY!
The best part of this layout is it is #23 for the year. The down side is I am falling behind my pace & need to get some scrapsprinting done! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the pocket for your journaling. So much texture on this - so many materials! L*O*V*E it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...