Monday, December 6, 2021

Playing with Gel Press & Crafty Individuals Stamps

 Hello stamping fans. Here today to start the new Topflight Stamps week with an inky Mixed Media Monday. This week the team is playing with stamps from Crafty Individuals. They have an awesome varied mix of red rubber high quality stamps,  many which are collections of images, like the one I showcase today. *Affiliate- some of these companies have given me product to use, play & experiment with. The ideas are my own but I tend to work with companies whose products I like so enjoy the inspiration.  **some of these links are affiliate, I receive a small percentage from the company at no cost to you. This helps me deliver free content! 

Let's make an art journal page! My focal image is the Counted Toadstools which has a background with cool font words, circles & numbers. There are a lot of lovely layers. December can be hectic so taking time out to art is important.

This page started out with a gel print & layers of paint. The stencil image was done using the whole stencil on the gel press with a white paint. This way you get that sketchy image instead of a crisp clear one. Love that look.

My focal image was stamped using a stamp press with Archival ink. I like to use a press whenever the image is really detailed in order to get a good print. I pulled out my handy dandy ink chart to figure out my colors.

The toadstools were colored using Prism Ink & a water brush. Just smoosh some color on your craft mat & away you go. 


A piece of card stock was spritzed using Glimmer Mist to create the background.

It was stamped with the Toadstool stamp. The cut out images were then adhered just a little to the right of the background to create a bit of a shadow.  

A few more images were auditioned (tried out, not glued down) including the crow. This was stamped in black. The Christmas Postage stamp was was stamped on colored paper & the individual stamp cut out.  I distressed the edges of my images before they were adhered with Roasted Coffee & French Navy Prism Ink.

I then decided to paint the crow with a bit of Glamour Gold Glimmer Mist, to give it that pop of shimmery goodness. Highlights were added with a white paint pen. The page elements were adhered & some shadowing was done with paint pens & distress crayons. 

Including some items from my stash. I am trying to be purposeful about adding that "stuff" that has been collected over the years. Fly was cut from scrapbook paper, now & forever is a chipboard piece from who the heck knows, LOL. 

The wonderful shiny snowflake helped to bring the page into the season of winter. That is it for this Mixed Media Monday, thanks for joining me today. I hope you take some time over the next few weeks to get your inky on!! For photos of the products used & links head over to my Topflight Stamps blog post here. 

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...