Monday, October 11, 2021

Gel Press Notepad for Topflight Stamps

Hello my Inky Friends, today I am going to show you the cover to my Gel Press Notepad for Topflight Stamps. I will do a run through of how to build the inside in a few weeks & some videos so stay tuned for that. Of course the best way to be sure you don't miss out, is subscribe to my blog & YouTube channel, yay.*Affiliate- some of these companies have given me product to use, play & experiment with. The ideas are my own but I tend to work with companies whose products I like so enjoy the inspiration.  **some of these links are affiliate, I receive a small percentage from the company at no cost to you. This helps me deliver free content!

My project is a Notepad mini journal made with Eileen Hull's newest Sizzix die cut. This can be used as an art journal, photo journal or hybrid scrap book. The Notepad cover measures 4 1/4 x 3 5/8" & can be used horizontally or vertically. As usual my supply list is down below.


One of my favorite arting pastimes is to work with a Gel Plate. It has been far too long since I have played with mine so pulling it out for this weeks post was definitely a good idea! This weeks theme for the team is stencils & Topflight Stamps has a lot of fabulous ones available. Gel Press & stencils go together like PB & Jam. 


Paint is one of the easiest products to play with so some Fresco Finish were grabbed in all sorts of colors. You will want a large variety on hand. This process is wonderfully addicting & once you start you won't want to stop! You will also need a brayer & some wipe off paper to clean in between pulls. I sometimes just grab a stack of the kids old homework or an empty journal for this. 


Paper of all varieties can be used. For example here is a sample of finished prints that I made while playing. Kraft, black & white card stock, copy paper, deli paper are just some of the papers you can use. Also use up that scrap book paper you don't like anymore- perfect!

 

I also pulled out some canvas because I knew I wanted that for my spine. If you have sticky back canvas or tape that works really well. The adhesive is nice and strong which makes it ready to use. 

 

My covers were cut out of mat board & then papers cut from my Gel Plate play. 

Love this! Such a unique background. This was with a PaperArtsy Stencil & layers of paint. 

Use the Gel Plate & stencil to quickly & easily add crisp paint images to the cover. 

For the spine I went with canvas tape sprayed with Mica Stain. This gives my tape a nice shimmer. You can see here how the stencil image is transferred to the tape. Looks awesome! Some of the circles were doodled using Posca Pens or paint pens.

Next step for the cover was to add some imagery. Mail Art stamp set is on the front, just pieces of the stamps were used. Once that was dry, a stencil with some Metallix Gel was scraped through. This adds a copper shine & some dimension. The stencil is the PSO90 by Sara Naumann using the diamond shape. Set aside to cure.  


On the back some of the images from the Foliage set were added.

To adhere the canvas piece, the easiest way I know, (which was taught to me my Dina Wakley) is to put the canvas piece adhesive side up on your craft mat. Center your spine in the middle lining up top & bottom and press down. Then simply bring your book down to the left side onto the table which will nicely adhere that side. Then to the right. Wohoo looking good!

Then it was just time to finish the cover. The wonderful Butterfly Post set was used for this. Stamped with archival ink & distressed with Vintage Photo. The squares were adhered in varying foam so they are at different levels. For example the 1st square was simply adhered with Supertape. The 2nd with Foam Adhesive & the 3rd with Foam Squares. Love this look!!! Lastly a Clipper Sticker was adhered on mat board, distressed & adhered. Hummm reminds me of the opening of Star Wars for some reason. Alright that is it for this week! I hope you have a really great creative week.

*for photos of Topflight Stamp products go here. 

Supplies:

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...