Monday, May 24, 2021

IndigoBlu Tag Toppers for Topflight Stamps

Hello Topflight Stamp Adventurers! This week the Design Team is playing with all things IndigoBlu. I had so much fun last week creating my tabs for the sideways waterfall that continuing on that exploration seemed to be a good idea. Currently working on teaching an online Junk Journal class & thought, how about making some mixed media tag toppers? The supply list is below. Let's Go! *Affiliate- some of these companies have given me product to use, play & experiment with. The ideas are my own but I tend to work with companies whose products I like so enjoy the inspiration.  **some of these links are affiliate, I receive a small percentage from the company at no cost to you. This helps me deliver free content!


It became all about the tags. I made the toppers but of course they need something to go on top of.  So I added a bit of shenanigans to some tags for my toppers to have a home.


Look at how many cool images IndigoBlu has & these are just a few, go check out Topflight Stamps to see the whole catalog of these beautiful images.

I stamped my images & heat embossed with Burmese Jade embossing powder. I love using emboss to create. It just adds such a pop of something extra.

Here are the images I started with to create my toppers. Most of them were painted with a watercolor palette but you can use whatever you want to cover the images.


For the leaf, Infusions were used. Powder was tapped on a craft sheet & water was spritzed so I could use it as a water color. 

Here are my toppers all painted & ready to go. 

Now for the tags. 

Tag 1: Die cut a tag from patterned paper. Next stamp images around the edges. Add a die cut element that has the same colors. The topper was fussy cut out and adhered to the tag. 


Tag 2: So simple but has a big impact. These stamps are from the Shine Bright set. A Ranger tag was the base. The topper was simply painted with watercolor, cut in a rectangular & adhered to a piece of batik fabric. The topper was glued on & then stapled to add that metal interest.The sides of the tag were stamped using the edge of the circle stamp. The quote stamped on white card, cut out & adhered then edged with a pen. 

 

Tag 3: This tag packs a visual punch & bonus is interactive. I started with a size 8 tag that had been cut out with a die cut using patterned paper. The pattern is on the back of the tag & the white front was covered with a piece of Art by Marlene collage paper. The 2 topper pieces from the  Be Different set were used. One was used as the topper.


The larger abstract stamp as a pocket piece. The owl is just tucked into the pocket, I love that the top of the owl's head just peeks out. The quote from the set is stamped at the bottom.

 

The owl image is colored non-traditional colors & I love that, especially the pop of yellow on his head. This is one of my favorite all time stamps & comes from the set Autumn Nights set. The leaf that was used in Tag 1 as the topper & also the little leaves used as accents are from this set. Just because it is an autumn set does not mean it can't be used for summer.


The flip side of the owl is a journal spot with some doodle pen work. That is it for this week, I hope you get a chance to play along & get inky!

Supplies:

*remember using code karenbearse saves you 12% at Topflight Stamps you can go to that link to see pictures of the products used.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...