Monday, May 10, 2021

Sideways Waterfall Element for Junk Journal, Mini Albums or Cards.

Hello Topflight Stamp Fans, I am here today with a fun element you can put in your junk journal, mini album or even as an interactive element on a card. Eileen Hull has a new fun diecut that I have been playing with. You don't need this diecut to make a sideways waterfall, it just makes it easier. 


Here is the element in my newest mini album project that I am working on. I think I will be putting pictures of a day kayaking with the family. A lot of photos were taken & this is a great way to add many pictures in a limited space. 

Start by cutting out kraft card stock using the waterfall diecut. Or you can cut paper & score it at the top for the same effect. 

I like my edges distressed & French Navy is my new favorite Prism Ink. It went really well with the background paper. 

Layer the cut pieces adhering strong glue like Cosmic Shimmer to the edges and stagger the paper as you go.

 

Add some fun stamped edges as tabs. There was a lot of greenery on the river where we kayaked & even though I would have loved a kayak stamp these leaves worked really well to add cool decorative tabs to my project. If you are in a rush you can always just stamp on patterned paper. Color your stamped images however you like, color pencils were used on these leaves. 

Do you swatch your colors? I made a quick one to see what colors would work with my background. 

Once the images were colored, they were backed with patterned paper and then cut out. Remember the backside will be the reverse image. This was also stamped with whatever stamp covered the most area & then pen used to fill in the blanks. 

 The stamped images were glued to the sides of the papers. You can see I also added some butterflies that were just stamped on paper. The quote & paper is from Heidi Swapp.


Here is what the backside looks like, just a piece of the image peaking out. This gives room for a larger photo on these pages. 

The lower set, just such a fun addition!

Now all I need is to print some photos & add some journal spots. 12 spots on 1 page! For images of the products check out Topflight Stamps Blog. Thanks so much for joining me today. I hope you get the chance to get inky. Remember to use karenbearse code to save 12%!

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...