Monday, September 16, 2019

Textured Crow Art Journal Page

Hello Inky Fans, today I have a spooky, textured, crow, art journal page for my Topflight Stamps blog post. This week we are getting our Halloween on. I hope you hop over & see pictures of all the products that were used on this page. If you use my code KARENBEARSE you will save 12% off your order.



Now on to the project! The stamp I used is incredibly detailed & was best showcased, simply inked. So I decided to have the background be more colorful to highlight the image. I did want it to be somewhat spooky looking however & adding the cheesecloth really did the trick! The bonus is you can use a background page you have already made & simply add to it to get the same effect.


Start with a mix media page in an art journal. Add a layer or 2 of acrylic stenciling, and paint the edges of the page. Next decoupage cheese cloth over most of the page. Create wrinkles as you go. Add metallic paint by scuffing over the raised areas. This adds to the texture. 


I used the Gothic Crow by Crafty Individuals. The image is stunning & stamps like a dream. With so much detail using a fine ink like Memento in black & Archival in grey was the way to go. I stamped the base & cross using Watering Can, then marked off the areas with post it notes so the Tuxedo Black would only ink the raven. 


Time to fussy cut the image & adhered it to the page. I used Cosmic Shimmer Quick Grab Glue for the 1st time & it did a really good job of working on the uneven background, holding my stamped image down very securely. 




I cannot stop using the die cuts by Art by Marlene- the images add a bit of whimsy yet go surprisingly well. I added a few stars & the sliver of the moon. 


Love the the dead fish at the bottom! To give the page a finished look it was embossed around the edges using Eileen Hull's Molten Dimension in my favorite color Aqua Splash. This Emerald Creek emboss is unique & has chunky bits of white in it. 



Finally the crow was outlined with purple paint & the gravestone with a silver paint marker. A quote was the final touch. Thanks for joining me in playing with a bit of Halloween fun. 

Don't forget if you add my code KarenBearse you will receive 12% off your order...restrictions may apply.

Supplies:

Gothic Crow by Crafty Individuals
Paint by PaperArtsy
Die Cuts by Art by Marlene
Eileen Hull Embossing Powder by Emerald Creek 
Variety of Stencils 
Embossing Ink by Prism
Cosmic Shimmer Glue

*Affiliate- some of these companies have given me product to use, play & experiment with. The ideas are my own but I tend to work with companies whose products I like so enjoy the inspiration. 

**some of these links are affiliate, I receive a small percentage from the company at no cost to you. This may help me continue to bring you techniques & more inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...