Monday, April 18, 2016

Coloring Book Images in Art Journal

I had gotten stuck on DLP 2015 week #18, quite awhile ago. I knew what I wanted to do but I needed something. I must have been a tad bit distracted when I read this because my page has very little to do with the prompt. Texture ok my page has that in the form of stencil work and the wood feather. As far as the journal prompt I can stretch it a bit and say that part of the fabric of my life is arting with TV. I need something going to keep the list making part of my brain occupied. Quite often I just re-watch Supernatural episodes. In fact it has gotten to the point where I automatically get in creative mode when I turn the show on. I love some of the quotes from the show. So I suppose this page is about, one of the fabrics of my life. 

May Theme
Touchy Feely (Texture)
May 2
Art Challenge:  Fabric
Journal Prompt:  The Fabric of Your Life


I started with a heavy stenciled background using distress inks. I took a page from my coloring book by Leisure Arts and painted using Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists. These are great to use as water colors. Simply spray some on a palette and use with water & a paint brush.I drew a line around the cut-out elephant & painted black acrylic paint to help the color book image pop. I added the beautiful wood feather by Southern Ridge Trading Company. Finally the journal writing was done with a paint marker. 

 The quote from the show is "You didn't need the feather to fly, you had it in you the whole time Dumbo." Using your color book images on art journal pages is a great way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...