Friday, September 6, 2013

Learn Something New Everyday

My friend Deborah Mahnken has done this class for a number of years. Every year she journals everyday for the month of September following Shimelle Laine's class. It only costs $15 to join & you are in for life-pretty good deal! For a few years Deb made fabulous mini books . Last year she used a composition book & I loved it. Due to extreme peer pressure (on my part not hers) I have decided to join in. I am totally copying her idea of using a composition book although I have not done the cover yet. I am on the hunt for the PERFECT scrapbook paper or maybe art journal cover... I love how Deb puts 2 pages together with washi tape on the edges & seeing how I am a total washi addict, copy away this is fabulous. 

It took me a bit to figure out what LSNED all about so I will help you out. Basically you jot down what you do in the day focusing on learning something new. For me I tweaked that with the idea of it might not be something new but something I have never scrapped about & would like to get down on paper. That's what is great about this, there are no hard & fast rules. Shimelle gives you prompts everyday to help if you are stuck. The idea is more to think & journal or just scrap, or whatever you want to do. It is to get you being artistic everyday for the month of September. Or you can write stuff down everyday & work on it on the weekends or at the end of the month or...refer to figure A there are no rules. 

Here is my entry for Day2. The journaling is on the other side. There were a number of lessons I learned that day, some of them not so positive which I did journal about because it was important but rather than beat myself up 2 days in a row I decided to focus on the positive side of the story which was a big compliment on my parenting by another mom. It is so easy to get negative in this life and I try to capture the story truthfullybut than put the positve spin on what happened. I really don't want to look back on my journals & have it all be life sucks. Even if life is sucking, if you grab onto the good points, which are mostly always there (and usually more important anyway) it helps your view.Thanks Shimelle I am enjoying your class!!!


1 comment:

  1. My name is Mrs Aisha Mohamed, am a Citizen Of Qatar.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr James Eric Finance Home he help me with a loan of $42,000 some days ago after been scammed of $2,800 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $42,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:(financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...