Friday, March 9, 2012

Focus on Joy!


In my quest to focus on the good things in life, came this page. When I am down & blue I try to just "be happy". Often a good kick in my attitude all it takes. I had taken a class with the awesome Dyan Reavely at the Queens Ink in Maryland, the perfect topic for joy. I love taking classes. It gives me something to look forward to-especially when it is with a teacher I admire. We had an inky good time. The photo in the corner is the owner Patti Euler with Dyan doing the royal wave with their fancy gloves. The cool aspect of this page is the photo. No, not my hair braids which are pretty cool but the photo Deb Mahnken took of me. The background was very busy & a best bud was out of focus behind my shoulder. I painted directly on the photo with acrylic paint & let it air dry completely. Next using a Crafters Workshop stencil I doodled with my Signo white gel pen. I put one flower rub on to add some focus. I love that technique!!!! What brings you joy? Journal it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...