Thursday, August 3, 2017

Time to Make the Donuts Art Card!!

Hello fans of inky cards & techniques, today I have a fun Doughnut mini art journal page for you. I seriously love the stamps available on Topflight Stamps there are so many great options & this one is no exception. I have a quick tutorial on how this came about. 

Art Journal Page in my Eileen Hull Hummingbird Passport Book

 Mini Art Journal Page

I decided to do a page in my stamps mini art journal. I will show the book at the end of this post. I really love how this turned out because it went through a case of the uglies big time! I just kept adding & tweaking &  voila! If you have never been to Duck Donuts I highly recommend them, they are currently my favorite. You custom order your doughnut & they are given to you fresh made & warm!
 Here is the stamp set I used: 
 
Delicious Donuts

This Delicious Donuts set was so much fun to use. I love that it can be made cutsie or grungy & of course I went with the latter. The building block stamps are perfect to build this nummy breakfast treat.

Stamping with Acrylic Paint

To start my background I simply swiped the purple on with a baby wipe, let it dry & then swiped on the orange. I dipped the stripe doughnut piece in turquoise paint and used it without an acrylic block to just add some random lines on the background. The O was dipped in magenta paint and stamped but it didn't show up so I redid it using gesso. 


 I stamped the "icing swirl" using Archival to make my border- fun! 


Time to make the donuts!!

I stamped the donuts on telephone paper using archival ink & cut them out.


Next step was to use watered down paint to color in the icing portion. The diluted paint let the stamped image show through so I could color the sprinkles in. You can see on the finished card I did just that with gel pens & ink. I added some ink marks too.


My big doughnut was stamped on card stock in archival ink. 


The icing was painted with watered down paint, then sprinkles stamped with paint & finally chocolate icing swirl with archival ink. I let the doughnut dry in between each step. I think the next time I would heat emboss the chocolate swirl to give it some dimension. I then cut it ti make it look nibbled on. 


Then it was a simple matter of assembly. The boy doll holding the doughnut was the perfect addition to finish my card off. I did add some sprinkle stamping in the background too. It was stamped with archival ink just to add some subtle interest. Also some random doodle around the small donuts. 
 


This page is going in my Hummingbird Stamp Book which you can find a full tutorial for it here. Thanks for stopping by today to check out my project. I hope you enjoyed it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...