Wednesday, January 28, 2015

DLP Week#2

I struggled with this week's page. Sometimes I have an idea and it looks great in my head but I end up changing it up as I create and than...not so good. My philosophy has always been "Just keep swimming". I teach my students: just keep adding and working on it and all of a sudden bam it starts to look good or at least better. I think I salvaged this page but it is not one of my favorites and that is ok. Not all pages are going to be winners but you can learn from them. Come join the fun at The Documented Life Project.
  January 10
Art Challenge:  Gesso
Journal Prompt:  “The beginning is always today.” -Mary Shelley
This page started with a deli paper gelli print. I cut a snowflake with my cricut and used it as a  mask with a make up sponge and some dark purple metallic paint. I wanted the snowflake to pop more so I tried irRESISTIBLE embellisher. It has a fine tip designed to write with embossing ink in it. I embossed the edges using white. The embellisher worked fairly well but I can see it will take a little practice to make it perfect.I didn't want to put the whole quote, just for times sake so I kept it simple. At this point the page was blucky. Here came the add, add part. I added the tag with a stamped quote, dated with a batik ribbon and distressed the edges using the same purple paint. Next some small rub-ons were in order. Finally I added super heavy gesso as the challenge goes, around the edges to create snow like crevices. Once dry adding the same purple paint, scuffing it up to have the texture pop. At this point, called er done. 

As I write this and dissect the page I do like it more. The page is growing on me! Don't forget to make some time to create today!

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a great page - I love the colors you chose and the texture is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So striking, beautiful colours Lou x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...