Friday, June 22, 2012

Playing with Pens


After watching a Dyan Reavely video on the Ranger Blog I decided I would immediately play with the technique. It is called shadow stamping, see it here. You can vaguely see my shadow leaves but I was already distracted by this point. I ended up making it more about which color would show up the best on top of the archival ink. I used sakura souffle & glaze pens, they work the best of the gel pens I have tried. I discovered the souffle pen works great on the archival ink, glaze doesn't show up so much. However if you let the souffle dry & then put glaze on top it shows up great & almost creates a shiny embossed look. You can see in the photo below-the orange glaze looks really prominent.

This is a fun page & allows me at a glance to see which souffle color I may want to choose. White definitely shows up the best but sometimes I may want some color. Your art journal is the perfect place to play with product!

1 comment:

  1. I love way you experiment and share your results...saves me lots of time!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...