Saturday, May 26, 2012

Cool Background

I was playing around with a scrapart page (my new term for scrapbook pages that have a lot of ink...) I didn't like it. I had used too much mist & it had gone under the stencil creating a bit of a mess. I tried outlining my images to fix it, inking again with the stencil to get some definition...still did not look good. Applying a thinnish layer of gesso, covered up the mess but created a layer. I put squirts of glimmer mist at the top of the page & spritzed water letting the color drip down the page which made a totally cool background. Because of the gesso the mist is a darkish pastel color, some of the stenciling shows through but now it doesn't matter that you can't make out the images. Finally I flicked mist on it. The page is ongoing, definitely needs some black stamping... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...