Sunday, March 27, 2011

Blue Jay Distractions

This is the post I did for ScrapbooksPlus-enjoy!
Outside my scrapbook window lies my backyard & a forest. It is lovely & I get to watch all the flora & fauna & animals who scurry about. Lately I have inadvertently become a bird watcher. I put seed on my deck & watch their antics. I have not perfected the photos as I am usually taking them through a window which is not ideal... I bought some bird feed that is specifically for blue jays & cardinals- the Princess Dianna's of the bird world as they are soooooo beautiful. Yes this is also before I found out they are the bullies of the bird world blablabla.

Ok so the layout- using the new & fabulous Tim Holtz stains I stained book paper & tore pieces of it then added it the background paper. Use a Martha Stewart fancy scallop border punch for the bottom of the photo mat, I love these punches-they add a wonderful layer & add dimension to your layouts. The title was done with American Craft puffy stickers that are very cool & slick looking.

For the second page I cut a branch using Cricut, & stained it with the easy to use THoltz stains. The leaves were cut from the paper-they look so great with the different background designs that are on them. The other embellishments are stickers from the collection. That is one of the great things about Twig, there are so many components to it. The last step was to add one of the cool new metal accents #14, from his maestro Monsieur Holtz -yes I do get sick of myself saying his name but come on- genus.

Next step-go to ScrapbooksPlus & buy some Twig & distress stains & play!

Supplies Used
Paper by My Little Yellow Bicycle Twig collection
-leaf a note, woods, pleased plaid, bird song.
-stickers by MLYB Twig collection
- Tim Holtz Distress Stains by Ranger
-scallop punch by Martha Stewart
-Letters by American Crafts
-metal plaquette, Tim Holtz for Advantus
-TPC studios, journal stamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...