Tuesday, September 5, 2023

#ICAD Box with Eileen Hull's Slotted Treat Box by Sizzix

Hello fans of Eileen Hull! Today is the tutorial for my #ICAD box using Eileen's Slotted Treat Box by Sizzix. This is a fantastic size box although you do need the  Big Shot Plus machine that cuts the XL dies for it. The finished box nicely fits 4x6 cards which makes it very versatile. I left my box lid off as the cards were a little too tall.  


I love making altered boxes & Eileen's Scoreboard dies are great for this as they cut the heavier materials. So easy to cut, assemble & decorate.  

The #ICAD challenge was the perfect excuse to make a box! If you haven't heard of this challenge hop on over to my Instagram or Facebook where I have been sharing these cards. The challenge is hosted by Tammy Garcia & starts on June 1st, runs for 61 days. I did this knowing I would not make the time frame but wanted to play regardless & have made 56 so far. These magical art cards fit great in this box which makes for easy viewing!


Let's Get Started!

You need to cut 2x sides and fronts and 1x bottom. This photo has the sides & fronts shown. the bottom is just a rectangle piece. I used cardboard, you could also use mat board which would make your box super sturdy. Add supertape to  the tabs & fold on scor lines. 

 

Assembly is pretty easy just remove the red cover (use a pokey hole tool to slide under the plastic) of the supertape. Attach the side tab to a non tab side making sure your base piece tabs are at the bottom, as shown above. Then remove the base tab tape & adhere the bottom piece to create your box. 

Let's Decorate Our Box!

I like decorating my box after assembly. You can add the paper before if you like as well. Just be mindful of the direction of your paper... For this box I used the very cool looking Simple Stories Simple Vintage Essentials. Cut paper for front and back - 6 1/4 x 2 1/2" &  sides are 4 3/4 x 2 1/2". My favorite way to add paper these days is to dab a line of Mixed Media or Ultra Bond glue and then use a Stencil Pal to drag the glue down the paper. Makes for easy adhering. Set box aside to dry. 

Time to add Mixed Media!

Here is the perfect way to use all those gel prints that you have lying around! I have also linked a Gel Press video I have if you haven't played or want a tune up.

 


Just take those prints & cut a bunch of flowers, folders etc using the Everyday Envelopes & Flowers set.

I wanted my flowers to have a pop of interest & adding embossing powder is just the trick. The fun thing is any white areas will be tinted by the glaze color & it will change the other colors. Scroll back up & you can see how the blue became purple. If you want your colors to stay the same just use a clear powder. 


 You can add another layer by stamping with an archival ink on top! 

Here is a leaf from the same set. It changed the blues to greens. YAY! Just have fun & play with the glazes, they sure add a punch.


 

 Last Step

All that was left was assembly. The file folder was cut in half, word stickers added  & the cool little bee. The folder pieces were stacked and glued down. Glued the flowers & leaves down on top of the folder piece. Added the cool mushroom sticker. For my ICAD card the same embossing techniques were used on more gel prints. The embossing makes my title look so dynamic! The letters were cut from the Tile Alphanumeric die, the 2023 is from the inside of that die. The cool label is the handle that comes with Treasure Box. That's it for today, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial & you have a chance to go get inky!

Supply List 

Eileen's Diecuts by Sizzix

Other Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...