Monday, October 12, 2020

December Pocket Card with Topflight Stamps

Today's Mixed Media Monday is a December pocket card for Topflight Stamps. This week the team is all about Christmas! Do you participate in December Daily, Journal Your Christmas or make a mini album for your Christmas & Holiday Memories? Making some cards ahead of the holiday makes these types of books easier to create. 


 This could even be the cover of a card for sure. Just love the attitude of this owl. I had a play with lots of products this week. As always the supply list is below & if you pop over to Topflight Stamps there are photos of all the products. Using the code karenbearse also gets you 12% off your order. 



Let's Go!

Start off with a stencil like this brilliant one by PaperArtsy & some spray inks. I used Prism Glimmer Mist which has a wonderful shimmer in it. Spritz randomly keeping the colors a bit separate. 
 
 
Making a few different backgrounds gave me a few different options. I used the leftover ink from the process above, flipped the stencil on a piece of card stock & just swirled it around to get the excess paint off. I call this smooshing.


Here a few of the backgrounds I ended up with. The smosh page I also cleaned off my stencil using a baby wipe. This added a pretty cool background to some of the white space. That was the one I choose for my card. 


Here you can see the background was cut out 4x6 & corners rounded. Added some background stamping using Red Brick & script stamp. Stamped out the brilliant Katzelkraft owl & fussy cut, note I cute off the feet to make it easier & stamped them back in on the background. The hat is so fun & is from the IndigoBlu Skullduggery set. You can also see the idea of placement for the leaf stamp. 

 
Let's walk through the rest of the card. The owl was painted with watercolor. You can see that I stamped on the background & placed my cut out on top so the feet are back. The cap was colored with markers. I made a sketchy border with a pen & colored in with the same markers from the hat.
 
 
The leaf was heat embossed using Seth Apter's Weathered Gold, gives a nice pop & metallic look to the piece. I added some of the brand new AALL & Create washi tape. Just adds that mix media look to the card. Finally a quote! This was from Visible Image set which has quite a few quotes with different fonts. It was stamped and the edges rolled then distressed with Roasted Coffee. Thanks for joining me today!! I hope you get the chance to get inky. 
 

Supplies:  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...