Tuesday, March 10, 2015

DLP Wk# 6

This was a fun one!!! You can check out Documented Life Project & play along. Here are the prompts for week 6.
February Theme
Layers You Will Love!
February 7
Art Challenge:  When Not To Stop
Journal Prompt:  "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough!" (Ooh)

So I did get very literal on  this one and may have gone a little over board with the layers or you could say I embraced the challenge whole heartedly! Apparently the answer to "when not to stop" is when you hit the madness!!!
 I love how this one turned out- very different from my usual style yet similar. I have been feeling the need to put magazine paper down and so I did. Cut strips from a number of ads/articles... I covered it all with a nice layer of decoupage glue as I wanted to seal this layer. It ended up looking like this:
Next I scrapped on a few similar colors of paint & let it dry for a minute that with a baby wipe & stencils, wiped off some of the paint to reveal the magazine prints underneath. Which made it look like this:Not overly inspiring but the magic will come.
I used my Big Pitt markers to outline some of the shapes that were revealed. I then took more stencils & paint but this time dabbed the paint directly through the stencil onto my piece. Next up stamping with archival ink. you can see below where I stamped the Wendy Vecchi circles using navy.
Time for a title! The journal prompt was "Don't Stop Till U Get Enough" the title of a Michale Jackson's song. I did a play on that concept that tied in with my crazy layering. "Stop the Madness" became my title which I stamped on distressed tags adding some sewing & staples along the way. I stamped the D sideways by mistake but it actually was a happy accident so I left it. Tip: If you mess up on your tag just flip it over and start again!
Yet more stamping as I stamped my journaling very aptly-"use every color in the box" which if I added a few more of these in case I missed a color. 
Time for doodles. I am loving irRESISTible pico embellisher (as they call it), to add squiggles and lines, dots, words... you can barely see the yellow above (as it is used on top of yellow) the word proof. Creates a glossy raised scribble. Some of the colors are translucent like the yellow & some of the darker colors cover better but they still have that glossy raised quality. Lastly my date stamp & voila a crazy fun colorful page which I LOVE!!! So use a technique you have been meaning to do and you may create a wonderful something! I am also linking this up on Art journal everyday at Balzer Designs, you can check out Julies site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...